Gore Mountain Conditions

They opened late and the result was exactly what you'd expect. Who knows if BR or the summit even open.

Screenshot_20230315_083529_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MC2
Seems to be yet another episode of getting gored this morning. Gondola not running and no signs of life at High Peaks either (based on webcam).
Jeez, give ‘em a break, will ya? Whaddya want, eggs in yer beer? They just got two feet of snow. I was on the base cam and AEII started loading at exactly 830. They are filling chairs and even have a singles line.
Jiminy and Bromley have yet to put a butt in a chair today. Of course they each got 3+ feet.
I’d be there to give you a shoulder to cry on, but I’m home keeping the wood stove and generator going. No power since Yesterday am.

Skiers on the summit at 10 am. Not bad.

Last edited:
Gondola is on wind hold, which is out of their control. I was more annoyed at the other lifts being late, and the general unpreparedness for the number of people who showed up. Both of which are all too common at Gore.

Once Burnt Ridge opened there was another huge backup, but a powder run on Sagamore was all worth it.

20230315_092721.jpg

20230315_094341.jpg

20230315_103542.jpg

Summit is open, but I haven't been up there yet.

how is the snow quality? Light and fluffy I’m guessing since I couldn’t make it today.

I had a great run on the oh so horrible ruined Dark Side. Reports of its demise were greatly overstated.

20230315_150338.jpg

Since the gondola remained closed all day, I was glad to have a higher capacity lift there, instead of the old double which would've had a huge line if it wasn't broken down.

I'm fine with it the way it is.

Also, in case anyone didn't notice from my earlier pictures, the Burnt Ridge liftline was officially open. I've never seen that before.

Back