Gore Mountain Conditions

Awesome afternoon skiing at Gore today! Big light fluffy bumps on Hawkeye and Chatiemac. Upper Steilhang and Hullabaloo had a mix of soft bumps and exposed ice and rock. Lower Darby looked so totally wind scoured I didn’t dare check it out. The wind was howling up there in several spots and all the snow had blown away in the vicinity of the saddle lodge. Worth it driving 3 hours round trip for 3 hours of skiing in powder on a sunny day with no crowds.

Awesome afternoon skiing at Gore today! Big light fluffy bumps on Hawkeye and Chatiemac. Upper Steilhang and Hullabaloo had a mix of soft bumps and exposed ice and rock. Lower Darby looked so totally wind scoured I didn’t dare check it out. The wind was howling up there in several spots and all the snow had blown away in the vicinity of the saddle lodge. Worth it driving 3 hours round trip for 3 hours of skiing in powder on a sunny day with no crowds.
Burt?

Man yesterday was awsome! Sorry but I would have been there today...and my doctor said, "sorry to mess up your ski day" and my reply was, I was there yesterday...better to be in the storm than the day after.

I'm fine with it the way it is.

Also, in case anyone didn't notice from my earlier pictures, the Burnt Ridge liftline was officially open. I've never seen that before.
They actually had names for a brief period. They were open last weekend and there was a set of tracks in one of the earlier recent minor storms. wink wink

Gore posted a clip on Instagram of someone skiing the power lines between Backwoods and Eagle's Nest, so I assume that was officially open too. I can't imagine that ORDA would post footage of anyone skiing a closed trail.

Gore posted a clip on Instagram of someone skiing the power lines between Backwoods and Eagle's Nest, so I assume that was officially open too. I can't imagine that ORDA would post footage of anyone skiing a closed trail.
It was kind of hard to tell what trails were actually opened or closed out there today. A lot of the ropes had been kind of smashed down by folks skiing over top of them. I couldn’t tell if they were closed and were just being poached or if they were roped off and just had a small open entry spot which sometimes I guess the patrol does.

They actually had names for a brief period. They were open last weekend and there was a set of tracks in one of the earlier recent minor storms. wink wink
Gore announced naming them Larry, Moe and Curly, then went radio silent. Maybe got a letter from the Fine family attorney? Anyway, now known, accord to the signage, as Caution, Closed and Thin Cover.

Gore announced naming them Larry, Moe and Curly, then went radio silent. Maybe got a letter from the Fine family attorney? Anyway, now known, accord to the signage, as Caution, Closed and Thin Cover.
MP put the kybosh on the names. The signs were made and up and the puppet king said not on my watch ;) :unsure:;)

Back