Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore needs a massive increase in snowmaking capacity before they even consider adding another acre to snowmaking footprint. But past history says they'll continue to make the same mistake over and over again.

If that lodge does get built, within a few years after that, there will be more snowmaking and parking at the bowl.

If won't be fast enough for sno, but I bet it happens.
The Burnt Ridge pod didn’t open until the last week of January after the WUG.
Gore’s snowmakers had to blow the pissoutofit to let the dang games begin.
They gonna need a whole lot more snow making resources to cover the lower mountain (Ski Bowl) and connections, if it ❄️ doesn’t come from the sky. If they don’t build Mount Gondolas then resources could be directed elsewhere.

If that lodge does get built, within a few years after that, there will be more snowmaking and parking at the bowl.

If won't be fast enough for sno, but I bet it happens.
Gore does not have the skier traffic to justify running the ski bowl every day now. How will spending $30 million on a lodge in the Ski Bowl allow the Ski Bowl to open every day? Will the new day lodge in the Ski Bowl come equipped with employees, too? Will it come with an increased snow making horsepower and increased snowmaking budgets?

Ten years from now Gore will still be around 215k visits per season and the Ski Bowl Lodge will still closed midweek.

How will spending $30 million on a lodge in the Ski Bowl allow the Ski Bowl to open every day?

You are misunderstanding me.

What I said is:

If the Ski Bowl Lodge is built, it will be followed more parking, and then after that, more snowmaking. I didn't comment at all on the operating schedule.

That is just one guy's prediction.

Also full disclosure, I like the Ski Bowl the way it is. I'm a Yurt guy.

You are misunderstanding me.

What I said is:

If the Ski Bowl Lodge is built, it will be followed more parking, and then after that, more snowmaking. I didn't comment at all on the operating schedule.

That is just one guy's prediction.
Ski Bowl lodge will be built followed by more parking 6 years later and more snowmaking 8 years later. Just the ORDA way.
Also full disclosure, I like the Ski Bowl the way it is. I'm a Yurt guy.
Yes.
Why have the closest to North Creek, 1000 ft vertical ski pod of beautiful terrain that can serve all skiers (green/blue/black) and sliders open every day? That is down right silly for me to expect the Ski Bowl to be open.
Sarcasm.

So basically, you agree with me? I can't tell.

How will spending $30 million on a lodge in the Ski Bowl allow the Ski Bowl to open every day? Will the new day lodge in the Ski Bowl come equipped with employees, too? Will it come with an increased snow making horsepower and increased snowmaking budgets?
ORDA's current budget plans to ’25-26:
No increase in state "subsidies /grants", nor number of employees,
and a decrease of ~$25 million in "Capital assets outlay”.
Go figure.
Maybe the planned new zip coaster actor attraction thingy

I believe the ski bowl was closed today but the rest of the mountain skied great. Todays rain is light and I don’t expect much damage.

Now get back to arguing over the ski bowl.

Tom

I believe the ski bowl was closed today but the rest of the mountain skied great. Todays rain is light and I don’t expect much damage.

Now get back to arguing over the ski bowl.

Tom
Ski bowl was open today, and if the 3 groomers that went down last night had been able to do what they do, it would have been an even better day.

Ski bowl was open today, and if the 3 groomers that went down last night had been able to do what they do, it would have been an even better day.
I hit Moxam on my way back to my car. I actually thought about 46er(ungroomed but open) but my body couldn't have handled it at that time. Moxam was really nice. The mountain skied very well today. Steilhang from top to bottom was my pick of the day. Upper Darby, Darkside Glade, Darby Woods all fantastic. If it was skied in it skied great. The untouched stuff was difficult...but fun. The rain tonight is a slight bummer but you have a sponge to absorb it now. I can't wait to be back tomorrow.

Back