Gore Mountain Conditions

Typical Gore. They always overhype the conditions and you end up with the most meh experience, usually with a bunch of closed trails that they said they groomed and didn't.
"Always" and "usually" adds up to most of the time. If that is true, why would you come back?

"Always" and "usually" adds up to most of the time. If that is true, why would you come back?
We’re eternal optimists, and afraid of missing that one sweet day when it’s accurate. Plus it’s still better than everywhere else. Jiminy and Bromley lifts opened late today due to ice, or so their web sites stated. May have happened at Gore, too, but they don’t publicize stuff like that.

We’re eternal optimists, and afraid of missing that one sweet day when it’s accurate. Plus it’s still better than everywhere else. Jiminy and Bromley lifts opened late today due to ice, or so their web sites stated. May have happened at Gore, too, but they don’t publicize stuff like that.
How you feeling Alfred?

How you feeling Alfred?
Pretty good. No more post concussion effects, no problems driving or in loud/bright public places. I know a couple of guys who had serious long term post-concussion after cycling crashes, one told me there are circuits that just aren’t there anymore and he’s had to figure out “work-arounds” in his thinking processes. So I dodged a bullet.
That said, I haven’t tried cycling outdoors or skiing, either of which might be like a carnival ride. I’m riding easy indoors to test out the knees. Planning on trying skiing Monday at Jiminy, if all then goes well with the ortho, hopefully some fresh from next Tuesday’s storm to try Gore end of the week.

I was wondering about "officially open" because that tells me more. People will duck all kinds of things.

One time a skier got hurt, and knew he had crossed patrol, so he did the only thing he could, skied out on one leg. It's a cautionary tale.

Pretty good. No more post concussion effects, no problems driving or in loud/bright public places. I know a couple of guys who had serious long term post-concussion after cycling crashes, one told me there are circuits that just aren’t there anymore and he’s had to figure out “work-arounds” in his thinking processes. So I dodged a bullet.
That said, I haven’t tried cycling outdoors or skiing, either of which might be like a carnival ride. I’m riding easy indoors to test out the knees. Planning on trying skiing Monday at Jiminy, if all then goes well with the ortho, hopefully some fresh from next Tuesday’s storm to try Gore end of the week.

Back