Gore Mountain Conditions

I was wondering about "officially open" because that tells me more. People will duck all kinds of things.

One time a skier got hurt, and knew he had crossed patrol, so he did the only thing he could, skied out on one leg. It's a cautionary tale.
I do find Gore has more closed trails than look like they could be open than most other mountains and also more of those trails are tracked up by poachers. Seems like a reasonable policy.

Great day. Maybe I'm jaded on the conditions as today was my first day on my new skis, but even so, I thought the skiing was excellent. Didn't go in the woods on account of the new sticks but the groomed was great. Lapped Rumor and Lies all morning and despite a lot of traffic they never got skiied off until 1 or so. Hawkeye was skiing great even at 3, as was Topridge. I would say ROTD was a tie between Rumor and Topridge which both were great hardpack. Showcase was even not skiied off at 3:15, which required a second lap.

Crowds were pretty light today at least up top where I spent the day. Snowing hard when I left and they already had 1" down. Tomorrow should be another good one.

Great day. Maybe I'm jaded on the conditions as today was my first day on my new skis, but even so, I thought the skiing was excellent. Didn't go in the woods on account of the new sticks but the groomed was great. Lapped Rumor and Lies all morning and despite a lot of traffic they never got skiied off until 1 or so. Hawkeye was skiing great even at 3, as was Topridge. I would say ROTD was a tie between Rumor and Topridge which both were great hardpack. Showcase was even not skiied off at 3:15, which required a second lap.

Crowds were pretty light today at least up top where I spent the day. Snowing hard when I left and they already had 1" down. Tomorrow should be another good one.
46er and Sagamore were very good, even did some glades off sags before they closed. Backwoods last run of day was also pretty sweet with some new

Coming in from the other side.

Ski Bowl

snowing lightly

Trees are in on BR.
Burnt Ridge

Gondi Base

Groomers are primo, nothing for lines.

Trees up top

Great day. So much good skiing.

When she's all open, Gore is an adventure.

Last edited:
Heading up tomorrow with the wifey, she's taking lessons in the morning though so I can head up top, anyone else gonna be there? Blue jacket, obnoxious pants, I'm a trash skiier but decent enough to go most places without eatin shit TOO much :ROFLMAO:

Back