Gore Mountain Conditions

Conditions have been a pleasant surprise all week. Twister first thing in the morning has delivered every day. Got out early today for first chair and skied through 3:30, 24.5k vertical. Most I can remember doing. Generally don't track it though. The kids have been having fun with the slopes app this week. The inch or so from last night seemed to go a long way this morning. Sagamore was a blast in the afternoon. I'm hoping this storm pans out and the snow isn't too heavy. Light snow right now in NC, no mixing.

Picture of Hawkeye early this morning. A ungroomed Wild air was a great first run of the day. freezing drizzle has moved in now making everything pretty miserable.

Attachments

• 9C001183-DE26-4ED8-A446-B286A8CBEA43.jpeg
    9C001183-DE26-4ED8-A446-B286A8CBEA43.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 70
Who skied yesterday? What trees were officially open? Gore posted vid of tree skiing but trail report says nada.

we could not find any glades yesterday, burnt also wasn’t open. Admiringly we did leave around 1 as being out in the freezing drizzle starting at 8 took its toll.

Lower GB, KHS and BBA were open yesterday, and I'm sure more were as well; BRQ was closed until just after noon yesterday with a maintenance issue, and AE2 was down for about 1/2 hour this morning with skiers on the lift. Unfortunately the late afternoon precipitation was not kind and there is a crust everywhere today, so no glades open. And that precipitation is also repsonsible for fairly firm and fast groomers throughout the mountain. Darkside was very quiet today as Hullaballoo and Lower Darby were not groomed and not open. When the groomers buff things out this evening they should provide a fairly user friendly surface for Saturday.

Gore conditions page as of this morning sold it as if there are 10 inches of loose pow everywhere. Typical

Typical Gore. They always overhype the conditions and you end up with the most meh experience, usually with a bunch of closed trails that they said they groomed and didn't.

Back