Gore Mountain Conditions

I thought I saw you at the Bowl Harv...Top 5 day today and I didn't make it past Burnt Ridge. Boreas early was interesting but I was texting buddies to get in there to ski it in. I did my share of breaking down the crust. Barkeater was prime right from the beginning. The only other trails I can report on were Sagamore and 46er. 46er was super early(I think they closed it around one) and Sagamore held up well til the end. There is one other trail I can say was fantastic but it had an open waterbar crossing it. Jumping it was easy but if they sent a groomer up to cover it, it would have been open.

Probably Tuesday, which looks, er, interesting. Visibility may be hampered.

I thought I saw you at the Bowl Harv...Top 5 day today and I didn't make it past Burnt Ridge. Boreas early was interesting but I was texting buddies to get in there to ski it in. I did my share of breaking down the crust. Barkeater was prime right from the beginning. The only other trails I can report on were Sagamore and 46er. 46er was super early(I think they closed it around one) and Sagamore held up well til the end. There is one other trail I can say was fantastic but it had an open waterbar crossing it. Jumping it was easy but if they sent a groomer up to cover it, it would have been open.
I relate to this 100%, waterbars and Barkeater laps.

View attachment 18546
snowing lightly

Trees are in on BR.
View attachment 18551
View attachment 18555
Groomers are primo, nothing for lines.

View attachment 18557

Great day. So much good skiing.

When she's all open, Gore is an adventure.
Honestly the groomers today were west coast quality IMO. Hardly any ice and where there was it was very skiiable. Didn't do woods again since the groomed was skiing so good.

Sagamore was best conditions I have ever skiied it short of full on powder. Echo too once it opened. Glad I didn't go out west early like I planned ahead of going to Steamboat on Tuesday. It honestly was that good.
PXL_20230226_181044757.jpg

Looks good up there. First time in years. Oscars is going to get raped.

Going to be a long, strange road trip to Jay or Saddleback or whatever. Or maybe just Sugarbush. All good.

Had to leave just as sun came out but so great to see the mountain in such great shape. Had trouble moving on from sagamore after 4-5 runs. I only remember one other time it was as good.

Never got to main base - parked at bowl and looped across the top from Lies to Topridge ending with pipeline. While backwoods makes getting back to bowl easier I still like a top-to-bottom pipeline to end the day. Beats Cedars.

Looks good up there. First time in years. Oscars is going to get raped.

Going to be a long, strange road trip to Jay or Saddleback or whatever. Or maybe just Sugarbush. All good.
Benny, you're skiing Gore on Tuesday on your way?

Back