Belleayre Conditions

You drove 5.5 hours one way to Belle for the day!? I've done 5 to Stowe but that was with an overnight and a huge dump. 10 hours in the car for a day of skiing is worthy of more than just a road warrior badge.
Luckily my drive up to Belle was not as bad as my 5.5 hour drive back. The drive back home should have been ~4 hours if not for the rush hour accidents along the way. I have made the ~8 hour roundtrip to the Catskills for skiing multiple times all in one day (leave early in the morning, ski, and then drive home). However, this time I drove up to NY the night before to visit family (and break up the drive) so I only had a 2 hour drive the next morning to Belle. Still 7.5 hours of driving that day (and 10.5 hours total if including the night before) but it could have been worse.

Bell was real nice today..Good conditions...8:30 -11:45 was enough, got a little boring...New lift is nice, but agonizingly slow...imo not worth taking

Gorgeous day and it feels like most of the mountain is open. Although I might argue that Dot Nebel probably shouldn't have been, as grass was poking through in a couple of places.

I half heartedly got in the car at 6:30 not really expecting much from today but boy was I wrong. Dense clouds and fog up top at 8:00. I was expecting loose granular groomers but I was wrong. They set up pretty well overnight. First few runs in dead flat light but really nice nonetheless. 10:00 onward we had Blue bird - really amazing. Decent crowd - nothing crazy. No wait at the lifts at all.

IMG_1952 2.jpg

Liftblog has it as a tick slower than the old Lift 7... And with the longer distance it's more than 2 min longer ride time
Those are just the top speeds, and not the speeds that they necessarily run at. I took a video of the new lift today, which was running at 400 fpm. The old lift was run slower, but because the new one is longer, that means a longer ride time.

Back