Belleayre Conditions

So cool. You can play the last 6 hours of Belle's cam:

View attachment 21947

It was dumping at 1:45 am.

Ya don’t need to play it back when you’re laying in bed watching it live 🤣

It’s pretty sweet out here this morning. Started on 7, box was a delayed opening, over here now it’s nice.

The snow on the back end mixed in with the rain and made it all a nice grippy surface where it’s groomed. Onteora is ungroomed top to bottom and lots of fun!

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

Last edited:
As of right now, guns going on Dot top to bottom, Yahoo top to bottom, top of ridge to roaring brook and the bottom of roaring brook as far up as I can see from the Overlook lodge. Can only assume the whole trail is lit up but don’t know for sure.

R0001509.jpg

Day 6 in the books. Stayed on the East side today. Firm in the morning - gave way to loose over firm. Bluebird for a few hours which was amazing, first time this year. Goat Path was boiler plate in many places by 11. 31 degrees when I left Overlook - 41 in Boiceville, never ceases to amaze me. Light crowd - blowing on Roaring and Dot top to bottom all day.

View attachment 21974

Day 6 in the books. Stayed on the East side today. Firm in the morning - gave way to loose over firm. Bluebird for a few hours which was amazing, first time this year. Goat Path was boiler plate in many places by 11. 31 degrees when I left Overlook - 41 in Boiceville, never ceases to amaze me. Light crowd - blowing on Roaring and Dot top to bottom all day.
I also was at Belleayre today. I agree that there was a light crowd. Here is a picture from when I stopped at Overlook for lunch a little after 11am

IMG_5288.JPG

Today was only my second time there. First time was about 7 years ago on a crowded Saturday when the conditions were not that great. Low crowd and better conditions definitely improved my opinion of the place (even with less than half the trails open). Looking forward to going back (and I will not wait another 7 years until the next visit).

Back