Belleayre Conditions

So it sounds like they blew it regarding the bridge at least- if not the whole lift replacement. Is that accurate?

So it sounds like they blew it regarding the bridge at least- if not the whole lift replacement. Is that accurate?
IMO, no. I think they have achieved the goal of making that lift easily accessible from any trail on that side. I would argue the bridge, while not perfect, is a better setup than the way trails used to get funneled behind the old 7 lift line. That was a shit show when it got crowded.

That sounds like a fun job... for awhile. Unless that floats yer boat.

Looks like Belle uses workplace rotations for “Tappan Ski” bridge monitor.

Gonna need it for that gig.
I need to slow it down myself - ripping across it is a lot of fun. I’m surprised I didn’t get yelled at on Saturday.

Ya forgot about going back to the board for more $ for moving earth/rocks on Goat Path while not finishing mid-station unload area indicated by the white star thingy🍺
1702942266547.png

Equipment had've been up there nearby to build the mid-station offload ramp this year.
Mid-station's purpose was to provide folks access to mid mountain blue square trails similar to “the reason” for the Goat Path.

I was there yesterday, in my opinion the bridge is in a terrible spot and is a accident waiting to happen, You have people coming off the beginner lift trying to get over to some of the greens, you have some people making their way to the lower entrance of the lodge, you have the kids gathering for their programs just to the side and all the while you have people coming blasting down the bridge at warp speed, and this was yesterday when the mountain was pretty empty due to the rain in the forecast.

Does anybody have suggestions for keeping the new bridge from getting skied off/icy... like other high traffic area but with an additional funnel factor?
Good lifties tend their areas to keep em up to par.
How unique is the Tappan Ski bridge?

Back