Belleayre Conditions

Those are just the top speeds, and not the speeds that they necessarily run at. I took a video of the new lift today, which was running at 400 fpm. The old lift was run slower, but because the new one is longer, that means a longer ride time.
Pics?

Even though I live north of Albany, I was enticed by Belleayre's amount of terrain open, and the chance to ride a brand new lift. About 50% of terrain was open, and all lifts. Conditions were decent, though light became very flat in the afternoon. There were no long lift lines, but some trails seemed a bit crowded at times.

As for my thoughts on the new lift, I think it's a great addition, but there are some tradeoffs. The new lift is so much easier to get to from the lodge than the old one. However, the skier bridge is somewhat of a choke point, and you don't really gain anything from the extra vertical. The longer length results in a longer ride. The speed seemed fine to me. I think the best part is that it should be open much more consistently than the triple, which was constantly breaking down. Also, the new trail Goat Path is good, but is not really a blue by Belleayre standards.

Pictures below:

20231216_094042.jpg

20231216_095359.jpg

20231216_101239.jpg

20231216_101339.jpg

20231216_102130.jpg

20231216_102233.jpg

20231216_103254.jpg

20231216_103429.jpg

20231216_143124.jpg

20231216_152756.jpg

20231216_154527.jpg

20231216_154706.jpg

Last edited:
Even though I live north of Albany, I was enticed by Belleayre's amount of terrain open, and the chance to ride a brand new lift. About 50% of terrain was open, and all lifts. Conditions were decent, though light became very flat in the afternoon. There were no long lift lines, but some trails seemed a bit crowded at times.

As for my thoughts on the new lift, I think it's a great addition, but there are some tradeoffs. The new lift is so much easier to get to from the lodge than the old one. However, the skier bridge is somewhat of a choke point, and you don't really gain anything from the extra vertical. The longer length results in a longer ride. The speed seemed fine to me. I think the best part is that it should be open much more consistently than the triple, which was constantly breaking down. Also, the new trail Goat Path is good, but is not really a blue by Belleayre standards.

Pictures below:

View attachment 21999

View attachment 22000

View attachment 22001

View attachment 22002

View attachment 22003

View attachment 22004

View attachment 22005

View attachment 22006

View attachment 22007

View attachment 22008

View attachment 22009

View attachment 22010
Some sweet shots there. Really puts some of the new changes into perspective. Did you also take video?

Some sweet shots there. Really puts some of the new changes into perspective. Did you also take video?
And at least in the pic the bridge looks more narrow than the one to the gondi. Which one do you think is more narrow? Same?

We haven’t skied yet this year! I think my longest wait since like 2011 when e stated skiing regularly ish.

Good news is we head out to copper the day after Christmas. We rented a truck because it was cheaper than any mid sized vehicle. Will be my first time driving an actual passenger truck so hopefully it will be fun.

We may not ski super fun terrain as goal is to be chill avoid altitude sickness and make sure everyone has fun. Kids first time out west. My third!

And at least in the pic the bridge looks more narrow than the one to the gondi. Which one do you think is more narrow? Same?
I think the new one is narrower. It certainly feels narrower anyway. The old bridge only has one entry point, off of a blue slope. The new one is fed by a ton of trails, all of varying degrees of difficulty. So there are little kids doing pizza slices getting passed by wasted 16-year-olds going 60 mph. There's a hint of danger.

The new one is fed by a ton of trails, all of varying degrees of difficulty. So there are little kids doing pizza slices getting passed by wasted 16-year-olds going 60 mph. There's a hint of danger.
Will a traffic/trail cam and/or RFID detector fix it if it's a 💩show?
Folks have been using em on bridges with a lot of traffic for years.

Last edited:
Good news is we head out to copper the day after Christmas. We rented a truck because it was cheaper than any mid sized vehicle. Will be my first time driving an actual passenger truck so hopefully it will be fun.

We may not ski super fun terrain as goal is to be chill avoid altitude sickness and make sure everyone has fun. Kids first time out west. My third!
Sounds like a mandatory TR to me

On Saturday there was an employee in an orange jacket standing at the exit of the bridge telling folks to slow down. Totally agree that there is a "hint of danger."
That guy was there for a long time. I was wondering why, I didn’t ever hear him yell.

Back