Belleayre Conditions

looks good..probably heading up tomorrow

I also was at Belleayre today. I agree that there was a light crowd. Here is a picture from when I stopped at Overlook for lunch a little after 11am

View attachment 21981

Today was only my second time there. First time was about 7 years ago on a crowded Saturday when the conditions were not that great. Low crowd and better conditions definitely improved my opinion of the place (even with less than half the trails open). Looking forward to going back (and I will not wait another 7 years until the next visit).
I don’t often see PA plates in the Overlook lot. I did see a Penn State Alum plate yesterday, though.

Last edited:
Who did the maths on yer map?

Source is open snow. I'm sure it's probably pulled from ski area websites, but probably not updated every day.

I don’t often see PA plates in the Overlook lot. I did see a Penn State Alum plate yesterday, though.
I can understand why there may not be a lot of PA plates in the parking lot. It was a brutal 5.5-hour drive back home yesterday evening due to multiple rush hour accidents along the way. That said, a longer-than-expected-drive home was a small price to pay to get my first turns of the season in (and it sure felt good to be back on snow)!

I can understand why there may not be a lot of PA plates in the parking lot. It was a brutal 5.5-hour drive back home yesterday evening due to multiple rush hour accidents along the way. That said, a longer-than-expected-drive home was a small price to pay to get my first turns of the season in (and it sure felt good to be back on snow)!
You drove 5.5 hours one way to Belle for the day!? I've done 5 to Stowe but that was with an overnight and a huge dump. 10 hours in the car for a day of skiing is worthy of more than just a road warrior badge.

Back