Whiteface Conditions

I still don’t know the names of trails where I ski, except for the main favorite ones.
I do know where the best snow for me usually hangs out though.
Stay Outta There!

To my knowledge, this is how the snowmaking system on Lookout is configured:

Wilmington below Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 3 at mid. Wilmington above Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 5 at the bottom of the Lookout Triple. Hoyt's is fed from Pumphouse 5. I'm not positive but I think Lookout Below can be fed from either.

I don't think they can do Hoyt's and all of Wilmington at the same time, but if Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 3, then it can be done at the same time as Hoyt's. Unless is has since been upgraded, Pumphouse 5 has only been 1300 gpm, and is the limiting factor.

To my knowledge, this is how the snowmaking system on Lookout is configured:

Wilmington below Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 3 at mid. Wilmington above Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 5 at the bottom of the Lookout Triple. Hoyt's is fed from Pumphouse 5. I'm not positive but I think Lookout Below can be fed from either.

I don't think they can do Hoyt's and all of Wilmington at the same time, but if Lookout Below is fed from Pumphouse 3, then it can be done at the same time as Hoyt's. Unless is has since been upgraded, Pumphouse 5 has only been 1300 gpm, and is the limiting factor.
What's with the geyser just below the ski patrol bldg at the top of face lift? It just keeps leaking.

Back