Whiteface Conditions

Anybody ski it today or going to tomorrow? Looked good. Tempting me to head up Saturday and Sunday instead of Gore.
Gore forecast for Sunday is mixed precip…..whereas WF is for snow. I’m thinking of heading up to WF this weekend, things look good (if the conditions report is to be trusted).

Skyward was excellent today. Much softer than I thought it would be. Heavy but not super heavy generally really fun. I skied Cloudspin going through the poacher's gate and it was very skiable with fresh wind buffed snow. Thin cover over the trees but okay. Mostly I did laps off the summit but I did ski over to LWF to see what was open and was surprised to find Empire open. It was fun but too thin for me to do more than once today. I will ski the resort all weekend like this.

Skyward was excellent today. Much softer than I thought it would be. Heavy but not super heavy generally really fun. I skied Cloudspin going through the poacher's gate and it was very skiable with fresh wind buffed snow. Thin cover over the trees but okay. Mostly I did laps off the summit but I did ski over to LWF to see what was open and was surprised to find Empire open. It was fun but too thin for me to do more than once today. I will ski the resort all weekend like this.
Thanks for the report. Looks like in pointing my car towards placid and cancelling my Lake George room.

Back