Whiteface Conditions

Another benefit of having the summit open is it gives you a high elevation option if you need it to avoid r*in. The snow report doesn't seem to have been updated since last weekend. I know they opened Bear Den. Did they also open Lower Northway or Essex? It looks like they just didn't get enough hours of snowmaking to finish Upper and Lower Valley. I'll be back next weekend since I'm at Killington this weekend for the World Cup. hopefully they can get even more terrain online by then.
They did open Lower Northway which was a nice alternative to the often clogged Excelsior. Upper and Lower Valley are still not ready. No Essex either.

Yellow Dot, the 'new' trail, is almost the same as it was before. I thought they would have cut a cat track or something.

There's another new name on the snow report - Ilmar's Alley. It looks to be the pitch to the left after Paron's ends.

I think the new cut next to Wolf is called Ausable Run.

PXL_20221202_163849589.jpg

Was a good day today Victoria was lots of fun, upper and lower valley also opened upper full of chicken heads lower was good. As we ate lunch down stairs at mid lodge a lady working said that they were putting in pizza ovens and you could no longer brown bag lunch! All brown bag lunches outside! This is bull shit and will not go over well with the local’s

Was a good day today Victoria was lots of fun, upper and lower valley also opened upper full of chicken heads lower was good. As we ate lunch down stairs at mid lodge a lady working said that they were putting in pizza ovens and you could no longer brown bag lunch! All brown bag lunches outside! This is bull shit and will not go over well with the local’s
The last two years they had been using covid as an excuse to ban outside food from the lodges (especially mid), but it's clear now that they had other motives.

As we ate lunch down stairs at mid lodge a lady working said that they were putting in pizza ovens and you could no longer brown bag lunch! All brown bag lunches outside! This is bull shit and will not go over well with the local’s
Just pack your vittles in a non-brown bag if ya wanna eat what ya bring & pocket food pairs well with lift rides.
Ya get a dining room with a view.
Just don’t litter and/or make a mess.

Conditions definitely leave something to be desired today, but they have a lot open for this time of year, and are making a lot of snow on Approach, Mountain Run, Upper Thruway, Draper's, and the rest of Boreen.

20221204_084602.jpg

20221204_084957.jpg

20221204_092745.jpg

20221204_093024.jpg

Back