Whiteface Conditions

New Whiteface slogan "We're not happy till your not happy"

NYS and ORDA need to figure out the aging lift system at Whiteface. Mountain run lift and Parkway lift are 41 years old. What other mountain in the east has a lift that old. Crazytown!

Valvehouse Road I assume? Nice ... That never occurred to me ... or anyone else I know for that matter.
it works well.

Little whiteface line! Freeway just as bad and only loading every other chair

Attachments

• 20210227_111325.jpg
    20210227_111325.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 117
I skied a little bit at WF this morning. Groomers were not as bad as I thought they were going to be--doesn't mean they were great, but it wasn't icy death. Skied a few moguls, they were very firm, but still skiable, but these were fairly low angle. I imagine the steeper moguls would be quite challenging, but I didn't do any. The stuff that was ungroomed but not with formed moguls did not really look skiable, maybe skateable/snowshoeable.

It was pretty warm..high 30s..maybe later in the day things got softer, but I left before then.

I skied a little bit at WF this morning. Groomers were not as bad as I thought they were going to be--doesn't mean they were great, but it wasn't icy death. Skied a few moguls, they were very firm, but still skiable, but these were fairly low angle. I imagine the steeper moguls would be quite challenging, but I didn't do any. The stuff that was ungroomed but not with formed moguls did not really look skiable, maybe skateable/snowshoeable.

It was pretty warm..high 30s..maybe later in the day things got softer, but I left before then.
Conditions were beautiful today! Everything softened up nicely able to ski skyward all day. Usually dead icy by afternoon. Didn’t hurt that my skis were freshly tuned and bit into everything.

Conditions were beautiful today! Everything softened up nicely able to ski skyward all day. Usually dead icy by afternoon. Didn’t hurt that my skis were freshly tuned and bit into everything.
Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Back