Whiteface Conditions

Given today's WF report.....
3/2/21 at 9:45am. The Cloudsplitter Gondola, Summit Quad, Little Whiteface Double, Lookout Triple are currently on wind hold. Lifts running are Mixing Bowl, Bear, Face Lift, Falcon Quad, & Coyote Cruiser. Updates as they occur.
I'm surprised I haven't seen Face4me at the hill today.

Today was truly a tale of two mountains, the on piste, and the off piste.
On piste had some fresh on top of boiler plate, and between that and pea soup fog, NO Bueno!
Coudsplitter Glades on the other hand was off the hook amazing!!! Boot top to knee deep dense pow! We lapped that along with High Country, and finished up with a delicious dessert of the upper Freeway liftline! (Yo 64'er, yeah it was fucking good);)

Today was truly a tale of two mountains, the on piste, and the off piste.
On piste had some fresh on top of boiler plate, and between that and pea soup fog, NO Bueno!
Coudsplitter Glades on the other hand was off the hook amazing!!! Boot top to knee deep dense pow! We lapped that along with High Country, and finished up with a delicious dessert of the upper Freeway liftline! (Yo 64'er, yeah it was fucking good);)
I know that story! Fills in so well there. Couple inches can ski like a true powder day!

Asking for someone else . . .
any recommendations for a snowboard instructor at Whiteface? For a tween boy who is on the shy side.

Asking for someone else . . .
any recommendations for a snowboard instructor at Whiteface? For a tween boy who is on the shy side.
MarzNC,

I coach skiing @ Gore, not Whiteface, the crew I used to know @ the Face has changed over the years, sorry I can't help you out there. However, if your friend is looking for a great day of riding with solid Silver & Gold Snowboard coaches @ Gore in North Creek, I can direct you in the right direction.

All The Best, 64ER

Unfortunately, the February party is over ... Conditions are back to more typical Whiteface conditions. Things were pretty good early on, a mix of frozen granular with some areas of packed powder, but by late morning, things were skied off in all the usual places. There were still some good spots to be found, but the beautiful conditions we had through most of February are gone ... at least for now.

There were some lift delays in the morning on the Summit Quad, Little Whiteface and Lookout Mountain lifts (it wouldn't be Whiteface without them), but by about 10:00 am, everything was running. Not really sure what the delays were about ... they'll probably say it was wind, but .... no.

It was a "strangely" cold day today ... I had to take two breaks to warm up ... the temperature wasn't particularly cold, but there was just something about the day that made it feel much colder than it actually was. Ran into several NYSkiBlog people, and everyone had the same feeling today ... very strange indeed!

I was there too. Definitely icy conditions pretty much everywhere. If they don't have multiple lift delays or problems, it's by accident.

Unfortunately, the February party is over ... Conditions are back to more typical Whiteface conditions. Things were pretty good early on, a mix of frozen granular with some areas of packed powder, but by late morning, things were skied off in all the usual places. There were still some good spots to be found, but the beautiful conditions we had through most of February are gone ... at least for now.

There were some lift delays in the morning on the Summit Quad, Little Whiteface and Lookout Mountain lifts (it wouldn't be Whiteface without them), but by about 10:00 am, everything was running. Not really sure what the delays were about ... they'll probably say it was wind, but .... no.

It was a "strangely" cold day today ... I had to take two breaks to warm up ... the temperature wasn't particularly cold, but there was just something about the day that made it feel much colder than it actually was. Ran into several NYSkiBlog people, and everyone had the same feeling today ... very strange indeed!
Yes, this is a spot on report.

The mountain skied much better today than yesterday. The sun being out and no wind helped a ton. Groomers were good, but definitely became slick after noon. Only ungroomed stuff I did was:
high country glades- OK, definitely skiable, but not great
bumps on Victori- not awesome, but unbelievably better than yesterday. Yesterday I was of the opinion that they should just groom them and reset, but I was pleasantly surprised with how well they skied today.

Back