Whiteface Conditions

I am speculating, so you're not far off in saying I don't know what I'm talking about.
Did I miss when Sno was hired by WF? Otherwise, sounds like pot called kettle black?

D.B., as for that air leak on Lower Sky, is that the same line that feeds the guns on Skyward between the Niagara intersection and Weber’s/Glen? They were pounding that section of Skyward yesterday.

It wouldn’t take much to get Lower Sky open. It was poached a fair amount this weekend (not by me) and has good coverage from Blazer’s down. Also wouldn’t take long if they turned the guns on Essex. U Northway has more to cover, so maybe that’s less likely?

As for Lookout, nothing would surprise me.

U Mac and Cloud could open with another dump or two.

Are they not sold out of tickets every weekend?
Ummm....no, they aren’t. Talk about not knowing what you are talking about! Reel yourself in there cowboy. There is only one weekend all season that they are sold out. If MLK weekend was any indication (no crowds) it’s feasible that they wouldn’t spend on Lookout. They may not be able to sell enough additional Prez Day week tickets to justify it financially. Maybe there are other reasons to do it, but it’s all speculation and, as I said, nothing would surprise me. Once they finish whatever they do with Skyward and maybe turn the guns on Essex anything could happen.

Last edited:
Ummm....no, they aren’t. Talk about not knowing what you are talking about! Reel yourself in there cowboy. There is only one weekend all season that they are sold out. If MLK weekend was any indication (no crowds) it’s feasible that they wouldn’t spend on Lookout. They may not be able to sell enough additional Prez Day week tickets to justify it financially. Maybe there are other reasons to do it, but it’s all speculation and, as I said, nothing would surprise me. Once they finish whatever they do with Skyward and maybe turn the guns on Essex anything could happen.
odd, Gore is sold out every weekend.

odd, Gore is sold out every weekend.
WF had been, too...but on Jan 4 ticket availability opened up for all dates. They quickly sold out for MLK and Prez, but otherwise all dates are available. Perhaps it has to do with available terrain? WF now 68% open, whereas Gore is 43%. Hopefully as Gore gets more trails open availability will increase.

As a side note, other than this coming Saturday FSC tickets are available for all dates at Gore.

A week ago sadly a skier died on the Approach little whiteface black diamond trail. Put a link in the “Helmets bro!" thread but have seen no further posts about the tragedy. State safe out there folks.

Back