What is your dream?

Since it’s a wrap for NY lift served skiing this season, might be time to get this thread going again. Here’s a far out one.
Astronauts landed and hit a golf ball on the moon 5 decades ago. There’s big mountains on the moon. That moon dust is powdery and skis fine. The low gravity helps in the bumps and ledges and getting any air that exists.

Since it’s a wrap for NY lift served skiing this season, might be time to get this thread going again. Here’s a far out one.
Astronauts landed and hit a golf ball on the moon 5 decades ago. There’s big mountains on the moon. That moon dust is powdery and skis fine. The low gravity helps in the bumps and ledges and getting any air that exists.
+1
Meanwhile here on Earth, I learned about this artificial ski slope in Denmark:

That moon dust is powdery and skis fine.
F 'n' a. Harv's been on top of this all along.
moon.png

I don't have a dream job because I don't dream of labor.

Saw the thread pop up and had to add in my one of my favorite related quotes.

I like to use the what would your 5 year old and 85 year old self think of where you're at to assess how I'm doing at living the dream. Using this assessment I'm doing a pretty good job for myself aside from being stuck in the burbs. That said I've also come along way to understanding that your physical location doesn't have to hold you back from living the life you want live.

Yeah, but the minute someone skis on the moon..Vail will buy the place..then put all those little lolly pop things all over the place..and youll have to make reservations..etc..etc..
K-slug, Someone did ski the moon, but it was using a tele-crosscountry-type technique. That counts on here as a skiing thing, just saying.
"In the moon's low gravity," he explains 35 years later, "you can ski above the moondust--and I did. Imagine swinging your arms and legs cross-country style. With each push of your toe, your body glides forward above ground. Swing, glide, swing, glide. The only marks you leave in the moondust are the toe-pushes."
Cernan called this "loping," and he didn't think so much of it, preferring his own "kangaroo hop" for locomotion. But that's another story.
If he could've, Schmitt would have tried downhill skiing: sketch. "I think downhill techniques would work very well on the moon," he says. "You even have built-in moguls, the impact craters on the slopes. Lunar gravity would allow all kinds of jumps and hops that you might find difficult on Earth."

Back