What is your dream?

My dream is to be homeless in 5 years.

I’m already living my dream by doing what I love with trail building and design but the next level will be doing it independently and spending a good chunk of my winters skiing up in Taos and Santa Fe. I really want to spend the remainder of my semi strong skiing years learning the secrets of those mountains. Taos is intriguing to say the least.

I’ll hopefully have a van or rv of some sorts by then and have no permanent residence. My dream is freedom.

RA not to be too corny, but you are kind of an inspiration. Where you started, where you've been and where you seem to be ending up. You took a huge leap. Art requires a leap.

When I started this thread I didn't mean to imply my life was unsatisfying. I really meant it when I said that the dreams that have been accomplished I kind of take for granted. I always wanted to work for this company and that has worked out, I started as peon and now I'm an owner. The other thing was that after 20 years of playing a certain role, I got bored of it, and decided I wanted to do SEO and SEM. At the time I wasn't an owner and it took some real work for me to convince the owners we should move in that direction.

I got a girl who gets me too, mostly. ?

The blog is also part of my dream. Those who know me, know I'm a story teller and blogging really suits me.

Buying our land was an impossible dream, that SOMEHOW came true, when the previous owner agreed to sell it to me for about a 1/3rd of what he paid for it just a few years earlier. (Shout out to @Cork for his help on that!)

Building our house is really just the last part of it all.

What parts of your dreams have you accomplished?

RA not to be too corny, but you are kind of an inspiration. Where you started, where you've been and where you seem to be ending up. You took a huge leap. Art requires a leap.

When I started this thread I didn't mean to imply my life was unsatisfying. I really meant it when I said that the dreams that have been accomplished I kind of take for granted. I always wanted to work for this company and that has worked out, I started as peon and now I'm an owner. The other thing was that after 20 years of playing a certain role, I got bored of it, and decided I wanted to do SEO and SEM. At the time I wasn't an owner and it took some real work for me to convince the owners we should move in that direction.

I got a girl who gets me too, mostly. ?

The blog is also part of my dream. Those who know me, know I'm a story teller and it really suits me.

Buying our land was an impossible dream, that SOMEHOW came true, when the previous owner agreed to sell it to me for about a 1/3rd of what he paid for it just a few years earlier. (Shout out to @Cork for his help on that!)

Building our house is really just the last part of it all.

What parts of your dreams have you accomplished?
I was an authentic as it gets ski bum for a long time.

I even got to share ski lines with a bunch of my hero’s back in the day. I got to be part of the Jackson hole side country early exploration and pioneering efforts after the boundaries opened up, I even named some of the classics or had a part in that. That was all pretty darn cool.

I had photos of myself featured in national publications and was even quoted in skiing magazines on local ski area expansion and snowpack. I was the poster boy for Carerra one season, had my face on the cover of a badly produced ski flick, had footage of myself skiing pow on the weather channel and local tv commercials. All of these things were childhood dreams of mine or were close enough.

Last edited:
I was an authentic as it gets ski bum for a long time.

I even got to share ski lines with a bunch of my hero’s back in the day. I got to be part of the Jackson hole side country early exploration and pioneering efforts after the boundaries opened up, I even named some of the classics or had a part in that. That was all pretty darn cool.

I had photos of myself featured in national publications and was even quoted in skiing magazines on local ski area expansion and snowpack. I was the poster boy for Carerra one season, had my face on the cover of a badly produced ski flick, had footage of myself skiing pow on the weather channel and local tv commercials. All of these things were childhood dreams of mine or were close enough.

Rt on
I love hearing stories like that.

Buddy of mine was a pro snowmobile racer. They even made a poster of him riding, back when posters were a thing..... LOL

Rt on
I love hearing stories like that.

Buddy of mine was a pro snowmobile racer. They even made a poster of him riding, back when posters were a thing..... LOL

they aren’t any more? Bummer, maybe that’s why the guy in the shop at brianhead gave me this poster the other day......standby for photo in next post:)

7FB899E8-4B0B-4905-B1A1-7F57C4FE2E10.jpeg

Back