Uphill Battle

It is not the lack of a lake.
No, it’s also the lack of golf courses, if you want to make NC and Gore into the likes of Stowe, Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, etc., etc.

Agree to disagree, but NC doesn’t have much to make it attractive to my family outside of ski season. It also doesn’t have the lodging to attract my family there during the ski season. Coincidence?

Also, you keep talking slope side housing units, people who want to buy. While I’m sure Gore/NC could support a few dozen such units, like a Magic, that’s not the kind of development I’m talking about. There are a lot more people out there looking to rent hotel rooms and hit a spa than there are people looking to buy mountain condos, I suspect.

You seem to believe NC is equipped to compete with other major mountain towns. If you build it they will come? If that’s the case, and lack of lakes or golf courses or anything else isn’t a factor.....tell me why it is you think nobody has built it yet.

Quite some drift.

One thing about "the lake" is that 13th Lake is spectacular. "But" it's wilderness. That keeps the water pristine and the lake is one of the most beautiful in NY. But it only drives commerce and visitation at a low level. Personally I'll take 13th all day long and be 100% fine with no nightlife. It's what I like. But it will never be a commerce engine.
13th Lake is incredibly gorgeous!

If you build it they will come? If that’s the case, and lack of lakes or golf courses or anything else isn’t a factor.....tell me why it is you think nobody has built it yet.
Has anyone knowledge of black and deer flies around North Creek?
Nearby Hamilton County is nice in fall &winter but ya need protection from bugs spring & summer.

I think this falls into the same category as the golf resort at Belle. Even with the approvals and permits in place, they still need to convince somebody to pay for it.
Well, yeah, because, nobody plays golf anymore. The numbers are awful. Since the heyday of the early 90s, courses and country clubs have been shutting down in droves. Oh, sure, 2020 has seen numbers spike because of, well, lots of time to waste and travel restrictions, but, that ain't lasting. To spend tax dollars on a golf course in some semi private development in black fly country is a crime.

Well, yeah, because, nobody plays golf anymore.

Well, yeah, the numbers have declined and they've seemed to settle in at 24 million/year. So people do play golf, and 2020 was huge for golf so many will most likely stick around.

Back