Uphill Battle

It is zoned in the Hamlet of North Creek.
What's that mean? Easier to build something like this vs if it were elsewhere in the area? Just curious for my own knowledge of how it all works with respect to the what I thought was extremely strict building rules within the park

All of the development is technically "slopeside" but it is all on private land.

This is why Burnt Ridge was built. To connect skiing with private land.

The land in yellow on the map is privately owned. The liftline section is owned by the town of Johnsburg. The rest is state land.

What's that mean? Easier to build something like this vs if it were elsewhere in the area? Just curious for my own knowledge of how it all works with respect to the what I thought was extremely strict building rules within the park
The private land next to the Ski Bowl can have residential and commercial density similar to what currently exists in North Creek (the land is in North Creek). There are roughly 130K residents who live inside the Park borders. The hamlets are small, higher density subsections of towns where residents can live/shop/work and have schools for their kids.

Ask yourselves. Why does North Creek only have one hotel and barely anyplace to eat? OK, so, that's "private property" too. Where's the demand? Easy answer. There is none. The only condo complex, the only one, still sells cheap when something comes on the market.
All the demand is down the road at Lake George, and further north at LP. And over in Vermont.
Boondoggle.

I have asked myself. I don't know the answer. Also how to explain a reasonably healthy second home market.

Maybe it's the lack of night life? Whatever, I don't care. North Creek is my kind of place.

I have asked myself. I don't know the answer. Also how to explain a reasonably healthy second home market.

Maybe it's the lack of night life? Whatever, I don't care. North Creek is my kind of place.

I think that's what it is, lack of night life. I think it's also the lack of a bigger body of water for summertime fun. My wife and I have been taking trips to the Dacks for years now. North Creek is never a place on our radar for all the reasons mentioned.

Isn’t the summer season really the busy season for LP? That makes sense, without a lake NC can’t compete with LG and other areas for summer guests, even if there were more hotels and night life.

Honestly, if there were better lodgings available and a bit more in the way of dining/nightlife I’d gladly book a family trip to Gore, but they can’t rely on winter visitors I guess.

Back