The Ugh Thread

Bad news got home Tuesday from St Joe's felt great THEN last nite huge AFib attack heart rate scary high and racing uncontrollably and unnerving.

Spent till 4 am in Er , exhausted, little sleep in have been in our local CCU unit since 4am

All docs both Here and Syr are in communication trying to ameliorate the problem .

Have been undergoing various interventions now for 36 hrs

Have made some progress today which has improved situation somewhat. May undergone a cardio inversion tomorrow if successful will then be scheduled for another ablation this one for A Fib at St Joe's probably in 3 months .

Last nite was a scary ride ,right now feeling better. So hopefully tomorrow's process works .

You're tuff WD....you got this.
I WILL do my part and I am in good hands and have a great support network (family and friends) our neighbor who are also like a son and daughter they grew up with our adult children have been doing our 150 driveway all our walks porches etc since B4 Christmas and offered to drive us to Syracuse again which my son in Manhattan offered to do our daughter and her husband from Concord Mass region made last weekends trip to St Joe's and shuttled the Queen back and forth to hospital and hotel and stayed with her. So the logistics even tho undergoing constant change on the fly between 3 docs in two different hospitals was complex.

My own next ride to Syracuse for another ablation "if it occurs in short term " will be an ambulance.

But wait ,after today's cardioversion If another ablation for AFib occurs however I was informed that it "may" be in3 months not as originally thought of as yesterday and or today or tomorrow.

Confused? Yeah I am too and imagine the poor hotel staff as these daily morphs occur and we reshuffle hotel reservations, support network scheduling worrying about scheduling for ambulance services etc is constantly changing and all players are coordinating

Oof I'm exhausted

Last edited:
Beginning to think just move buy a townhouse somewhere in greater CUSE region with everything on one level and close to a major tertiary care facility like St Joe's as it's likely my life is now entering a new and differing stage at almost 80

.Too early to make this call until this situation is more clear But would really miss NNY ,The River and the Dacks but as one enters into the OT period of their Life game things become challenging

Beginning to think just move buy a townhouse somewhere in greater CUSE region with everything on one level and close to a major tertiary care facility like St Joe's as it's likely my life is now entering a new and differing stage at almost 80

.Too early to make this call until this situation is more clear But would really miss NNY ,The River and the Dacks but as one enters into the OT period of their Life game things become challenging
One positive is season Cuse tickets

Back