The Ugh Thread

Makes sense. I mean as an explanation, not a design concept.

It has 21,000 miles on it.

Rentals must be flogged. It has a lifetime MPG of 10.8 mpg. When I got in it, it had half a tank left and it estimated I could drive 47 miles on that much gas. I drove 40 miles, home and to Neve's gym and back. When I got home, after that drive the range was estimated at 57 miles. So driving 40 miles raised the estimated range by 10 miles. Unreal.

I feel like generally I have pretty good luck. Not lately.

Not sure this qualifies as Ugh Thread material, but 10 miles from the cabin, something big and white dropped from the sky, bounced of my grill, and then the windshield. Scared the fuck out of me.

Was it possible a big piece of frozen snow? It bounced.

A mile later half all the radar systems checked in with an error. Cruise control, lane assist, automatic breaking.

I got here, and as suspected, my grill and radar system are all busted up.

You know that is going to hurt $$$$. With prices for parts now, I'm scared to guess.

Hope when I get on the interstate tomorrow it's reasonable quiet at least.

I feel like generally I have pretty good luck. Not lately.

Not sure this qualifies as Ugh Thread material, but 10 miles from the cabin, something big and white dropped from the sky, bounced of my grill, and then the windshield. Scared the fuck out of me.

Was it possible a big piece of frozen snow? It bounced.

A mile later half all the radar systems checked in with an error. Cruise control, lane assist, automatic breaking.

I got here, and as suspected, my grill and radar system are all busted up.

You know that is going to hurt $$$$. With prices for parts now, I'm scared to guess.

Hope when I get on the interstate tomorrow it's reasonable quiet at least.
Bad luck comes in 3’s if you believe in that shit.

I guess I'll count back three then.

hurt $$$$

9 hunge for parts + 5 hours of labor (if the bumper and lights have to come off, tbd)

Al told me he was pretty sure it was an owl. And it fits with what I saw.

Apparently if you are driving down a dark road and you are alone... your headlights can illuminate prey and the owl swoops in.

Hood has a few dings that Al noticed and I didn't. Not fixing.

Well it's started out bad and then got worse: Heart rate still up found out today I have to have a cardiac inversion and to make matters worse The Queen of The Hop fell down the back porch stairs yesterday which were still slippery from this damn blizzard and storm last nite and broke some ribs .This has been one shitty period

Al told me he was pretty sure it was an owl. And it fits with what I saw.
Most likely a Barred Owl
0C4A1915-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg

Well it's started out bad and then got worse: Heart rate still up found out today I have to have a cardiac inversion and to make matters worse The Queen of The Hop fell down the back porch stairs yesterday which were still slippery from this damn blizzard and storm last nite and broke some ribs .This has been one shitty period
That is some bad luck. Do you have anybody checking in? Kids maybe?

Back