The Ugh Thread

Don’t do cash. You seem to have structural damage that’s gonna be <$5 k + weeks of rental car. If he fronts you the cash you are in the hook for any adders.
I haven’t been able to make money on body repairs for years. Just go the easy way and give it to insurance.
Sucks.

mm

Camp, Al said this work could take a few weeks, and I don't think he was considering the availability of parts. Does that sound right?

I'm all for the insurance company. Will have an estimate from Al EOD tomorrow.

Question. If they don't want to use insurance and I do, what do I do?

Last edited:
Camp, Al said this work could take a few weeks, and I don't think he was considering the availability of parts. Does that sound right?

I'm all for the insurance company. Will have an estimate from Al EOD tomorrow.

Question. If they don't want to use insurance and I do, what do I do?
I assume you got their info?
Unfortunately I have been through this many many times.

I didn't get it, clearly a fuckup. But the guy is the father of one of my daughter's best friends. I guess we will see how bad a mistake.

Just be prepared, when you get an estimate, if he starts down the road of anything other than “I’ll drop the check off in an hour” you need to say “I’m sorry but this makes me uncomfortable. I need to file an accident report and send this to my insurance.”

Just be prepared, when you get an estimate, if he starts down the road of anything other than “I’ll drop the check off in an hour” you need to say “I’m sorry but this makes me uncomfortable. I need to file an accident report and send this to my insurance.”
That's right where I am at.

My question. How does my insurance get in touch with their's if they won't share it.

That's right where I am at.

My question. How does my insurance get in touch with their's if they won't share it.
From the damaged you described. I won’t be surprised by a 5 to 7 k bill
Why wouldn’t he go through his insurance? He’s afraid it might go up a couple hundred bucks ?
Somthkgg stinks in Denmark here

That's my storm chasing car, it's served me well. Al said it takes more to total a car now because used prices are up.

He said my 2017 CRV with 102,000 is worth 20 grand, or it was before that dent. I think I paid 28 for it.
20 grand ain’t what it used to be...
Good luck with getting her fixed before the snow flies.

Back