The Ugh Thread

It ain’t a big ugh,
But when ya wake up and hear a large motorized vehicle outside, then look out the window and see the driveway had been plowed nicely by yer friend
then along comes the bigger snowplow taking off the mailbox and fillin it in again by the road. The post is still somewhat standin.
The neighbor's place up the hill lost their mailbox to the usual suspects in a previous storm.
No disrespect to the plowdrivers. They keep the roads safe and open.

Last edited:
It ain’t a big ugh,
But when ya wake up and hear a large motorized vehicle outside, then look out the window and see the driveway had been plowed nicely by yer friend
then along comes the bigger snowplow taking off the mailbox and fillin it in again by the road. The post is still somewhat standin.
The neighbor's place up the hill lost their mailbox to the usual suspects in a previous storm.
That hurts, especially when there's like 18" of snow.

Just got sidewalk, steps and the end of the driveway path cut to get the Subie out.
No dings in the mailbox.
Just gotta work up the courage to go skiing init.
The shit’sheavy by the road.

It ain’t a big ugh,
Just got done putting my mailbox back together

I finally gave in and replaced my mailbox. It had been hit one too many times and just wasn't closing anymore.

I have thought about getting a five gallon bucket, setting the post in it and then filling the bucket with rocks and/or concrete. That way when the snowplow takes out the mailbox, all I have to do is pick it back up and call it good. A few people near me have hanging mailboxes. I covet them.

46FE4C49-920A-47E7-B46B-3182A6B4DAB5.jpeg
For you people whining about shoveling snow.

I finally gave in and replaced my mailbox. It had been hit one too many times and just wasn't closing anymore.

I have thought about getting a five gallon bucket, setting the post in it and then filling the bucket with rocks and/or concrete. That way when the snowplow takes out the mailbox, all I have to do is pick it back up and call it good.
That’s what was done for the one that got smacked early this morning. Used to have cemented in the ground. It’d just take out the post too.
Only took out the screws and tilted the post a bit in the bucket containing cement. It’ll buff out.
A few people near me have hanging mailboxes. I covet them.
Yup. There’s some hanging boxes around here too.

Been doing the yoga thing. 2x a day last week, 5x a day Sat and Sun, snuck out for another at lunch today for hopefully 3x weekday.

Like every thing else I do I am over focused on something very narrow. It's certainly not a yoga program. It's one set of 4 exercises that I do on each side left/right. It takes about 12 minutes.

I can't do everything exactly as the yoga stud is asking because my leg is hurt. So I am going about half way with some of the stretches. I could see how it would be amazing if I could fully extend.

It's definitely helping. I'm walking normally, but I don't think I could walk a mile at normal speed without some pain. At the end of a day I feel pretty good, stiffest in the am when I wake up.

If someone knows something about yoga start a thread and I'll post there. This isn't really an Ugh thing anymore, if I really continue with the yoga something positive came out of my stupidity injury.
Started doing the downward dog.
Watching the hound stretch got me doing it.
It helps.

Here’s a recent ugh but it might be more of a f.
Skip to where it blasts off at ~59 minutes if ya want.
Something went wrong a couple minutes later.
A lot of f’s in the livestream comments.
Didn’t see too many ughs for some reason.

Back