The Ugh Thread

I think it's extremely likely I will report this tomorrow am. I don't want to deal with these people. I did figure out their names, hopefully that's all my insurance co needs.

Car was just dropped at Al's should have an estimate later today.

Good guess Jason, $6950.

Pillar is bent but doesn't need to be replaced.

Car rental is more than I thought. A econobox for a month, only looked at one site, was $2000.

Al says I really shouldn't drive it, if it gets hit again it's a huge cluster.

Good guess Jason, $6950.

Pillar is bent but doesn't need to be replaced.

Car rental is more than I thought. A econobox for a month, only looked at one site, was $2000.

Al says I really shouldn't drive it, if it gets hit again it's a huge cluster.
Just call your carrier
Tell them you were hit but didn’t get any info
Don’t let it drag on

Was the guy going to give you $7K cash? I bet not.
$9K to include the rental car, and then will he come up with added costs for things that weren't in the original estimate? Will he guarantee the results the way the insurance company will?
I'm guessing a guy who is willing to pay $$$ to avoid reporting an accident either has no insurance or he has warrants out on him.

mm

$9K to include the rental car, and then will he come up with added costs for things that weren't in the original estimate? Will he guarantee the results the way the insurance company will?
I'm guessing a guy who is willing to pay $$$ to avoid reporting an accident either has no insurance or he has warrants out on him.

mm

He's got Farmers. They saw the price and decided they wanted to use insurance. I think it was the talk of car rental that did it.

Not sure who you are talking about with added costs and original estimate. The guy I took my car to, that's Al, I'd trust him with the keys to my house.

It’s a estimate.

Not sure who you are talking about with added costs and original estimate. The guy I took my car to, that's Al, I'd trust him with the keys to my house.

It's a common practice between a body shop and the insurance company. Just as an example, the adjuster may look at a car and not see any issues with a AC condenser, but when the shop actually tears it down they may find the condenser needs to be replaced. Shop will call the insurance company to get add-on $$$ for a proper repair.

Not an "UGH" really.

I think it's going to take a while to get this car fixed.

Been driving the Prius whenever I can. Apparently I don't like driving a car where you have to yank on a smashed up door to get in.

It fun to hypermile that thing. If I hypermile the CRV I can get 37 consistently, which is insane IMO. It's somehow better than it was when it was new.

Anyway, I can get 65 hypermiling the Prius, while my wife gets 55 flogging the little shitbox. It might be a three cylinder, not sure. She's like "dude relax, you're just running down the battery!"

Back