The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Agreed, to each his own unless you're playing competitively. My father and his CNY golf buddies had the asterisk, which was used if:
a) you have a match-play bet and are only keeping track of strokes for posterity.
b) you completely blow up a hole and are taking the max triple bogey. Thus, for a par 5 it would be 8*.

I learned about the asterisk because across four summers from age 14 to 17 I caddied most weekends, each round carrying two bags. That was in addition to my side job at Agway and going to school! Was happy because I made decent money but wow, schlepping up and down those hills at Drumlins with two heavy bags was no joke.

My wife would like that max triple, she plays a max 10.
I tell her well Tiger got an 11 on a par 3(12th) at the Masters. Just love seeing the best flop like us

Well the wife broke 100 on her birthday yesterday, was giddy.
20 year old modern all bent grass track is smart and hasā€senior ladies teesā€ at 4500 yds. Itā€™s nice she can get on in regulation most holes.

No 38 or 79 for papa though

Iā€™m thankful she golfā€™s but canā€™t get her to ski

never made the 100 rounds but #97 today 12/8/23. Been since 11/18 so a little rusty. Wife again happy breaking 100.
One green unputtable, automatic 2 putt.
Funky Mich weather, 52 degrees.
IMG_5897.jpeg
IMG_5895.jpeg
IMG_5891.jpeg

Not an oz of white on round # 98 Most likely closed the season w a bird on 18 and a 39 on the back after a rough 46
IMG_5902.jpeg
front. Topped out at 48 degrees. Wife 102.
Back yard syndrome not sparking the ski season.

They have 4 of dem new fangled simulator thingys next to the bar/ restaurant. $40 an hour or something, Not buyin it.

They have 4 of dem new fangled simulator thingys next to the bar/ restaurant. $40 an hour or something, Not buyin it.
My neighborā€™s playing in an indoor league in the Cuse this winter with a couple of his brothers and another golfer. Said it was good fun and the folks who ran it were good guys.
Might see if my brother and BIL could use a stocking stuffer.
Kinda like getting yer Mother a baseball glove.

Back