The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Last edited:
Played with the boys at Tusky yesterday. 43-42 with 2 doubles & 1 bird on the back.
If I could hit good 2nd shots coulda been a contender.Hadn’t played or hit balls in almost 2 weeks.
IMG_0999.jpeg

She’s still pretty. The further ya hit it the narrower it gets. Aim at the 1/2way house.

31 rounds!!!

Tuscarora Golf Club.
On Howlett Hill? I grew up exactly one mile from there (Pioneer Farms in Camillus). Never played Tuscarora; it was for rich people!

I read that Westvale Golf Course is going to be bought by West Genesee, razed, and turned into land for the high school. Sad, I played a lot of rounds there.

On Howlett Hill? I grew up exactly one mile from there (Pioneer Farms in Camillus).
Yup. Some some of the boys I golf with live there.
Never played Tuscarora; it was for rich people!
It ain’t a country club. It’s for nice working folks who ❤️ golf. It’s a well cared for & managed beautiful golf course and the folks there are nice. Members own it.
I read that Westvale Golf Course is going to be bought by West Genesee, razed, and turned into land for the high school.
Had some fun times there too. They put a mall on part of it first I think.
Sad, I played a lot of rounds there.
They put 695 thru Pine Grove golf course years ago.

It’s easy to grow grass in CNY. Rochester is a great golf town too.

Last edited:
Retirement golf has been good this year and with next weeks forecast I should pass 100 18 hole rounds. Thank God the wife loves it as much as I do, she’s done about 75.
Spread the $ around mostly golfnow/ TeeOff and golfpass has paid off.
Played the Warren at Notre Dame last week ( 2019 senior open) and Nicklaus’s Harbor Shores( Senior PGA) couple yrs ago. James you want to talk about building a golf course in a rough town, Benton Harbor.
Discovered an old private Donald Ross course turned public and just love his designs and 100 yr old tracks.

James like your Shawnee and Pocono golf reports, we played Great Bear( Nicklaus) a few years ago
Lived on the othe side of the Kittatinny mountain

2 over for 9 38 best I could muster but had one 79. 6K yards to my liking

Back