The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

It ain’t a country club. It’s for nice working folks who ❤️ golf. It’s a well cared for & managed beautiful golf course and the folks there are nice. Members own it.
I was joking. It's one of the private courses that I always wanted to play but never had the opportunity, along with Skaneateles, Cortland, Bellevue, and Onondaga. Courses I played the most over the years were the close-by public ones: Camillus, Westvale, West Hill, Foxfire, and in recent decades Sunset Ridge. My Top 3 were Drumlins, Green Lakes, and Radisson.

They put 695 thru Pine Grove golf course years ago.
I'm old enough to remember Pine Grove before they put the 695 bypass through it, which nixed the better holes. A favorite cheapskate joint was Seneca on State Fair Blvd. Similar to what's about to happen to Westvale, its longtime owners retired to Florida a few years ago, sold the land to developers, and it's now a subdivision.

we played Great Bear (Nicklaus) a few years ago.
Great Bear is on my to-do list for next season. Maybe I'll stay overnight at Shawnee and play them both.

img_5660-jpeg.jpg

Nice round! I wish I could score in the 70s but that ain't gonna happen, kinda like skiing legit double-blacks. Is that ^^ with your wife? C'mon dude, for recreational golf you shouldn't nail her for anything more than a triple-bogey.
🤠

It's one of the private courses that I always wanted to play but never had the opportunity,
If ya come up to the UpState in the summertime sometime I could try to get ya in with a round with the boys on a Wednesday or Friday. Entry fee is $10 but ya could get some $ back with a greenie, birdie (if it holds up for a skin) and/or ya shoot good enough with yer legit quota. There’s Sunday Putts too. Might win a buck or lose a buck only counting putts on the green.
Might have to pick yer brain on advice for The Alps skiing trip. It’d be for the Trentino-Alto Adige ⛷️slopes.
Courses I played the most over the years were the close-by public ones: Camillus, Westvale, West Hill, Foxfire, and in recent decades Sunset Ridge.
Have yet to play Sunset Ridge (nor Onondaga). Tuscy is just down the road.
My Top 3 were Drumlins, Green Lakes, and Radisson.
All fun. Green Lakes is always a treat. NY State Parks course too. Priceless.
A favorite cheapskate joint was Seneca on State Fair Blvd.
Played Seneca when there was snow ❄️ instead of sand in the bunkers.

Great Bear is on my to-do list for next season. Maybe I'll stay overnight at Shawnee and play them both.

img_5660-jpeg.jpg

Nice round! I wish I could score in the 70s but that ain't gonna happen, kinda like skiing legit double-blacks. Is that ^^ with your wife? C'mon dude, for recreational golf you shouldn't nail her for anything more than a triple-bogey.
🤠
Played Great Bear last year as part of a 3 day golf trip with my buddies. Love that course... it's beautiful and great layout.

We also played Links at Hiawatha Landing on the way back home... Another gem.

Yea I figure the pro’s circle birds, and my pars are like their birds . 2 circles for a bird for me. Double circles for rare eagle.

Kinda like our own private policy of 2 mulligans per 18 off the tee.( no mulligans on this 9)

Only time I play competitively is a couple 4 man scrambles , no circling pars there.

To each his own

Having 2 squares on all my doubles would drive me nuts

Back