The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

A 40 today at Riverside course ,thrill of the day a chip in with 56 w for a bird from below an elevated green
41-40 yesterday with 36 dang putts. Woulda lost the buck but there was a tie for 1st at 31.
IMG_0378.jpeg

The Ole Miss - LSU victory wasn’t good for putting. Three 3 putts in a row (15-17) after making a couple of 10 footers for pars.
Lipouts suck.

An absolute Fugly round today .I sucked a 46 , nothing worked had 3 darn doubles 😳

An absolute Fugly round today .I sucked a 46 , nothing worked had 3 darn doubles 😳
40-39 & had 2 greenies within 10 foot. Missed em both.
We had 10 players today and our 3-some took the pot.
They’ve been watering a lot cause it’s been so dry.
Great day to play.

Played British Open conditions yesterday,Pants rippling wind ,rain and cold temps Shot 42 which was ok in this stuff.Thrill of the day a 33 footer to save par .

The Riverside course is only going to have carts through next Sunday so I guess my season ends next Sunday unless the other course I play keeps it's carts

Moe banged his head sledding and later became the best ball striker in golf.
He’s from Ontario, from about as close to Buffalo as Rochester.

Ended my season today with a 40. Thrill of the day 70 yd pitch in for a bird.

Was 49 today cold and overcast. course wet from all the rain this week . They're pulling the carts this weekend

Season stats: 40 rounds played ,average score 39.58 with 20 rounds under 40.

We'll see what 81yrs old brings next year 😄

Got in another 18 today after a funky 42-44 yesterday.
Lost a buck yesterday after we went 4 up on the front & gave em 3 shots on the back. Came down to the last put on the last.
41-41 today and played as a 3-some. 1 player vs 2 players and we alternated partners every hole.
Had the highest score of the 3 but won the most cash. A dollar fitty.
Course is in great shape but ya gotta check the ball for dang mud.
Gonna head to Ravenwood in the AM for some more hacktion.

Last edited:
Back