The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Harman has a 5 stroke lead over the local Fleetwood after 2 days & more over the rest of them.
Our pro told me on the driving range today we should root for him as his wife is from The Cuse & he’s played our course.
Harman did it and won The Open by a lot. Only missed one putt from inside 10 feet all week.
Someone told me today he played Tanner Valley in The UpState a coupla weeks ago before going across the pond to play with the big dogs. It’s ~10 minutes from Song.

Last edited:
In the post-tournament interview, Harmon was asked by a British journalist what he was looking to do to relax after getting home. He said he was going to mow on his new tractor. The followup question was "how much did it cost?" to which he wouldn't answer but instead said something like "can't say . . . I haven't told my wife how much yet." :)

Also learned in that interview that he hunts with bow and arrow. Got the impression that most of the people at the interview knew he liked to hunt but clearly it was a surprise that he doesn't use a gun.

In the post-tournament interview, Harmon was asked by a British journalist what he was looking to do to relax after getting home. He said he was going to mow on his new tractor. The followup question was "how much did it cost?" to which he wouldn't answer but instead said something like "can't say . . . I haven't told my wife how much yet." :)

Also learned in that interview that he hunts with bow and arrow. Got the impression that most of the people at the interview knew he liked to hunt but clearly it was a surprise that he doesn't use a gun.
He says his "family is at Lake Alice in UpState New York".
Maybe he meant to say "skinnyalice lake" in UpState NY.

Last edited:
He says his "family is at Lake Alice in UpState New York".
Maybe he meant to say "skinnyalice lake" in UpState NY.
He actually said “family is up at lake house in UpState New York”.
Saw a pic of him with the claret jug on a Skaneateles Lake fishing boat.

The scramble at The Pompey Club was fun on a beautiful morning on top of the hill.
Shot dang 55 with the only pars coming on 3 par 3s.
We made 2 eagles and had putts for eagles on a lot more holes.
Won the tourney by 5 and had 2 of the 7 skins out.
The other players on the team hit the shit out of the ball and are really good golfers.
View attachment 15554
Tried to defend the title but tied for 2nd with a 60 (-12).
Missed 2 eagles from <10 foot & only made pars on 2 holes from inside 70 yds.
Hotter than blazes and the course was soft.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Had a good time with friends.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
How many par 5s are on that course?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
That sounds fun. Nice shooting

Had to quit after 6 holes yesterday,I hit my driver on 6 and yanked out my hamstring ooof ,could NOT walk . I had fast walked several miles late in evening the night B4 must have

I had done it earlier before golf season dumb chit probably out for couple of weeks

Had to quit after 6 holes yesterday,I hit my driver on 6 and yanked out my hamstring ooof ,could NOT walk . I had fast walked several miles late in evening the night B4 must have

I had done it earlier before golf season dumb chit probably out for couple of weeks
My left knee is tweaked.
It got better then I jumped down 3 feet for some stupid reason and tweaked it again. It’s getting better again.
Been taking a dang cart lately cause it’s been hot and humid and been playing a lot.

30 degrees cooler today than yesterday but our Centennial tournament got washed out as the cold front came through.
If it gets another 30 degrees cooler it’s gonna snow. ❄️
They blew the horn cause of water on the greens & we got soaked without even teeing off.
The Centennial party was really nice.

Back