The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Played the Upriver course this am , beautiful golf weather.

Played steady ,one over 37, nothing fancy all pars,one bogey.Had regripped all hybrids(5) with oversized what I call" Arthritis" grips . Felt great since I have Dupuytren's in both hands commonly known as Vikings disease

Played the Upriver course this am , beautiful golf weather.

Played steady ,one over 37, nothing fancy all pars,one bogey.Had regripped all hybrids(5) with oversized what I call" Arthritis" grips . Felt great since I have Dupuytren's in both hands commonly known as Vikings disease .No curling fingers just bumps on the tendon so I call em my Rosary beads

Played 18 early this am UpRiver ,38/37/75 with a bird on 18 .Lovin' the regrip job on the hybrids . Several nice long approaches made with The Deuce or Quattro ☺️

Last edited:
Played Upriver again today a 38 with a bird on last hole but a 3 putt for a bogie on the DL right pond hole . was on in regulation but putter went on vacay.. fairways need rain

Lesson learned this week on 17 ( a DL R with and extremely tilted FW so eveything tends to end up extreme RIGHT . So THIS week i finally decided to lay up and left the silly stick in the bag and teed off with my Deuce Hybrid which goes out at lower angle and runs so its an easy wedge in from approx 75 -90 .... This kept the ball slightly right of center fairway whereas with the Silly stick ot gets better distance BUT with terra firma and yooge bounce it was leaving me a not so great approach lie on extreme right so hard to stick the green in reg from that angle with obstacles

Last edited:
Just finished up before the downpour came . Was extremely humid now refreshing . Shot a 39 nothing fancy just pars n bogies

Went back to The Riverside course today we went early becuse the dew points are nasty . So shot a 41 had a 3 putt and generally played so so.

But had a decent 4h to the pin from 165 to save a par , it didnt drop but was a 3 inch putt for par

Back