The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Played the longer Riverside course in the 60degree drizzle . Hadn't played in a week in blazing humidity. Shot a 40 just steady play nuttin special.q

Thrill of the day overshot the elevated green on hole 8 a long par 4 on the second shot .

So the lie was 15 ft under the green elevation and bout 20 yds from the cup.

Took my skinny blade sw ,I also carry a wider soled one for real sand

played a 3 man 9 hole scramble in my golf league last night. shot 4 under (eagle, 2 birdies). We missed two short birdie putts. won by 2 shots and scooped up the only 2 skins and a closest to pin. good cash night to say the least.

Played the longer Riverside course in the 60degree drizzle . Hadn't played in a week in blazing humidity. Shot a 40 just steady play nuttin special.q

Thrill of the day overshot the elevated green on hole 8 a long par 4 on the second shot .

So the lie was 15 ft under the green elevation and bout 20 yds from the cup.

Took my skinny blade sw ,I also carry a wider soled one for real sand

You carry 2 SWs? Same loft?
Matt : Yes i do same loft .

but the skinny one has a really narrow blade sole and is perfect for both very tight lies and Hard or Wet sand where its able to better " pick " the ball. I bought the damn club in Wally World 15 yrs ago for CHEAP ( hey its a Dunlop KNIFE ) and it does the job

The wider sole one is ok when the fairway is lush or IF in real sand

Last edited:
Played same course again today ,shot a 41.

We both played well moving briskly till sevenrh hole .
That's when we ran into a sixsome of women and the pace changed drasticly . It took about little over an hr to play the last 3 , they would not let us play through.

There’s rules in the book against that.

Got my ass kicked in the 18 hole league yesterday.
Driver was fine and but so were the bladed irons. Ugghh.
These women are regulars , know the rules but frankly were unconcerned , ya know sometimes peeps can be AH's just sayin'

Gotta put the clubs on the shelf this weekend , our 57 th Anniversary on the 14 th . Best decision i ever made , she is amazing

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 30
Back