The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

38-40 for a 78 from the whites yesterday.
Putted well with no 3 putts and only one skulled wedge for a double.
Didn’t win the $1 for least putts though.
It was nice to play walk golf again in nice weather.

The scramble at The Pompey Club was fun on a beautiful morning on top of the hill.
Shot dang 55 with the only pars coming on 3 par 3s.
We made 2 eagles and had putts for eagles on a lot more holes.
Won the tourney by 5 and had 2 of the 7 skins out.
The other players on the team hit the shit out of the ball and are really good golfers.
View attachment 15554
Players. On number 4 did you chip in or did someone drive that baby? I jarred one in from 150 yards out friday for an eagle. probably 5th time I have done that but still yet to get a hole in one. go figure

Players. On number 4 did you chip in or did someone drive that baby? I jarred one in from 150 yards out friday for an eagle. probably 5th time I have done that but still yet to get a hole in one. go figure
He drove it and the last putter sank ~30 foot downhill bender.
Parred the first hole we played (13) and one of the few holes they used 2 of my shots.
Bought a round of beverages after playing our 2nd hole and it was off to the races.
Anyone over 60 could hit from the senior tees.
I’d hit a safe one and my friend would knock one on the puttable surface. He drove 3 par 4s and another teammate hit one on the downhill par 4. We had eagle putts on all of the par 5s too.
The last hole (14) we only had 150yds in after the drive. I managed to skull it in to the ditch but it was right at it.They all hit it within 10-15ft.
Easiest 55 I’m ever gonna see.
I believe it was the tournament record.
Another partner started the tournament and is old enough to play the senior tees but wouldn’t. I ain’t that proud.

Last edited:
Reactions: sig
Played late today just back : played decent a 37 at the Upriver course " nice sunny windy but low humidity . Today's thrill : a 37 yd chip in with the A wedge for the bird .

Played late today just back : played decent a 37 at the Upriver course " nice sunny windy but low humidity . Today's thrill : a 37 yd chip in with the A wedge for the bird .
Nice!
Played 18 with the old guys from the whites
Then subbed in the mens league on the front 9 again.
In the morning birdied the 1st hole by hitting my best long iron of the year and making a straight uphill 3 footer.
It was down hill from there but shot another 38 40 but with no doubles.
Took $40 from the old guys.
In the mens league shot 42 from the blues.
Halved that match.
Beautiful day ta play.

Nice!
Played 18 with the old guys from the whites
Then subbed in the mens league on the front 9 again.
In the morning birdied the 1st hole by hitting my best long iron of the year and making a straight uphill 3 footer.
It was down hill from there but shot another 38 40 but with no doubles.
Took $40 from the old guys.
In the mens league shot 42 from the blues.
Halved that match.
Beautiful day ta play.
Nother STRONG day my man !! And double twennys makes it even bettah

Played in the club’s 2day Senior Member Guest tourney Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
The things all over in 24 hours which is kinda nice.
Blue tees 82-87 gave us last in our flight. If we shot 87-82 we would’ve won that flight.
Rain Thursday night softened the course and slowed the greens taking the fire out of the course.
Playing the blues I need all the roll I can get & I seem to putt better when the greens are faster.
Missed by 1 number for the 50:50 which was $1100.
Birdied #17 for the first time this year yesterday which held up for a skin on Friday.
Coulda been a contender.

Back