The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a roll, no reaction to Pfizer 1 or 2. Signed up for shingles #1 next Thursday o_O

oh yea and donating blood Monday morning, I'm like a frikkin' human pin cushion.... does anybody even know what that means anymore?

Other than sleeping for about 11 hours last night instead of the usual 7-8, not really having much in the way of side effects after Moderna #1. May be something to the idea that older people (over 60) have less of a reaction.

My husband, age 66, didn't have much reaction to Pfizer #1 or #2, other than being a bit more tired for about a day.

on a roll, no reaction to Pfizer 1 or 2. Signed up for shingles #1 next Thursday o_O
That's the shot that gave me a really sore arm!

yea my wife was sick as a dog after her 2nd shingles shot a few weeks ago

yea my wife was sick as a dog after her 2nd shingles shot a few weeks ago
i heard the 2nd shingles shot is a beast..
i only had a moderate reaction after the 2nd pfizer..

I had no side effects from shingles vax. My first was on the same day a my first ever flu vax too, last fall.

You don't hear much about shingles vaccine hesitancy. I googled it and couldn't find too much either.

What all do we get vaxxed for when we are little kids? I think you can't enter school without it.

You don't hear much about shingles vaccine hesitancy. I googled it and couldn't find too much either.
Apples and oranges. The current shingles vaccine is only recommended for adults age 50 and over. Shingles is not contagious. I would guess that most people who get the a shingles vaccination are encouraged by their physician.

Very few people die as a result of complications from shingles, something like 100 in a year in the U.S. Most of those cases are elderly people who have other medical issues as well. It hurts like hell. I had it as a young adult. Was lucky that the doctor at student health made a quick diagnosis. My mother had it in her 70s. Took quite a while to get over it completely.

Shingles has been a nightmare for my wife. She requested a shot but was turned down because she wasn’t 50. Ironically she worked in the vaccine division of the company that makes it. Well two bouts later she has Transgeminal Neuralgia. It’s an ongoing nerve irritation on the left side of her face. She has no idea of what triggers flare ups. Comes and goes, sometimes by a simple cool breeze on her face . If she has a flare up she has to take extra meds which wipes her out.
Get the shot if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back