The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line of that study is that fleece is worse then no mask at all. Bandanas aren’t very good. Cotton masks apparently work better.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that there are many different kinds of mask, some more effective than others.

I understand now that fleece is the worst (not a huge surprise), but I'd like to know how the other 15 rank.

I want pictures and diagrams and the group W bench.

Don't know if this is behind the paywall or not, but this August 10 article is all about the different styles of face masks. Makes sense to me to use different styles for different purposes. Has a list of references and names of people interviewed.

" . . .
If you find a mask you love, it may be best to buy multiples of that style. You may also consider collecting a handful of different styles because each kind is more or less practical for different situations. The mask you might choose to wear for a trip to the grocery store, for example, isn’t necessarily the same type you’d reach for when exercising.
Gather a range of materials and mask shapes. And be realistic about what you’ll be willing to wear in different situations. Try a new-to-you mask on at home so that you can evaluate the fit and your comfort before wearing it in public. If you can buy more than one mask type, consider choosing one with a top layer treated in such a way as to prevent droplets from soaking in.
. . ."

Last edited:

What's going on here? I hope this is BS. While I'm not a big city guy, this is disappointing if it's true. I truly have enjoyed my visits to NYC and never felt threatened.

NYC is nuts right now - think about being in a small apartment - pretty much trapped.. We rented our Brooklyn apartment out for the summer and haven't been back. But it's almost like it was expected to be nuts. I think a lot of it is hype from what I hear from my friends in NYC. I bet some more entitled neighborhoods (upper west side, etc...) are reporting more shit going down that makes them uncomfortable. But homeless people are freaking out - feeling emboldened on empty streets. And paranoid to go to shelters because of COVID19

I'm glad to hear it's mostly hype. NYC is such a cool place and I def want to go back when the times is right.

I'm glad to hear it's mostly hype. NYC is such a cool place and I def want to go back when the times is right.
I had dinner in NYC last night with my daughter ..City was quieter but that's not unusual for the summer. Plenty of 20 something all over...Pics from her roof top garden of her building..

61879505420__CAF66761-D9C4-4A10-A94D-27C133FD874E.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg

I miss NYC so much.. Watching videos of my out of work musician friends peaceful protesting(masks on) and playing music in the streets is amazing

Great pics Jason.

D, one thing I most appreciated about the city was the street music. An entire band set up on a street corner and played for 2 hours, it was awesome.

What's going on here? I hope this is BS. While I'm not a big city guy, this is disappointing if it's true. I truly have enjoyed my visits to NYC and never felt threatened.

jfc

This guy complains about politics on the forum, then posts fearmongering bs from the National Review?

uhhhhh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back