The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What “evidence against” COVID vaccines are you talking about? Problem is, there’s not really much evidence FOR them being safe (and effective), much less AGAINST them. That’s the point. For over a hundred years there have been vaccine protocols in place....protocols that were abandoned to rush a never before used (on humans) kind of vaccine to market. Like I said, I have an appointment, and my wife has had her first shot. We aren’t deniers. That said, if the circumstances don’t lead one to at least be a little hesitant and ask questions.....well, I guess I have quote my younger brother’s favorite word. Sheeple.

If people have reasonable questions or concerns and they want to talk about, I don’t think anyone should squash that.
So what are your questions?

What “evidence against” COVID vaccines are you talking about?
Just to clarify, I don't know of any evidence against COVID vaccines, and the evidence for them is more than adequate given the serious problems caused by the pandemic. I thought I was clear about that.

mm

So what are your questions?
What are the long term implications of introducing an mRNA vaccine into the human body?

Nobody knows. Not saying that’s enough to push me off the vaccine....but it’s a valid question.

I'm counting on things settling down before we build in 3 years. At these prices we'd have to come up with a different plan.

We're lucky in that we aren't in a hurry, just like you. We are also looking at possibly purchasing a different house but time will tell. Either the right place will come along or we'll wait until material prices settle down.

I thought I was clear about that.

mm
Not really. The evidence FOR consists of limited and rushed clinical trials, far less than has been done for most vaccines, trials that show most of the people who got the vaccine, none more than a few months ago, haven’t contracted COVID? Am I missing something? That’s evidence, but I’m not sure how adequate it is. There is no evidence that a new and never before used mRNA vaccine won’t have side effects we don’t know about. Right now the vaccine is as much a well intentioned and necessary experiment than it is pure, proven, science. I’m sure you disagree, based on what little info is available.

What are the long term implications of introducing an mRNA vaccine into the human body?

Nobody knows. Not saying that’s enough to push me off the vaccine....but it’s a valid question.
So take the J&J vaccine.

Not really. The evidence FOR consists of limited and rushed clinical trials, far less than has been done for most vaccines, trials that show most of the people who got the vaccine, none more than a few months ago, haven’t contracted COVID? Am I missing something? That’s evidence, but I’m not sure how adequate it is. There is no evidence that a new and never before used mRNA vaccine won’t have side effects we don’t know about. Right now the vaccine is as much a well intentioned and necessary experiment than it is pure, proven, science. I’m sure you disagree, based on what little info is available.
Are you a virologist?

Reactions: MC2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back