The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, zero idea where I got it from. My gut tells me it was from appraising vehicles while at work. But it's everywhere here now so who the hell really knows. I consider myself lucky, very lucky. It took a buddy of mine out like a TKO. Knocked his junk right in the dirt, and he is in incredible shape too.
Camp, Benny posted this in a TGR forum. It’s not been peer reviewed yet but it’s a study of live virus in a vehicle. To be fair it was an older Honda. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.12.21249603v1

We had dinner at the Pine Hill Arms after skiing the Belle on Friday. It felt safe since the place was a virtual ghost town.

I think of you, every day, Harvey. I think about the fact that it was a struggle to drink 4 liters of water a day. I think about my six crazy chickens, and who would take care of them, if I were laid up for a week. There are all these little things that we take for granted, but then what if you suddenly can't?
I adore chickens. Let me know if you ever need help.

That’s what the fox and red tailed hawk has been saying about our flock
Yeah. I woke up a couple of weeks ago at 5:30 to a crazy noise. It took me a bit to figure out it was the chickens. I went running outside in my bathrobe with a flashlight. A weasel had wandered underneath the coop. My son and I had secured the attached run after last spring's raccoon attack. The coop, however, was raised enough for the weasel to get in. I was outside, in the dark, in my bathrobe with a flashlight. Every time the weasel popped its head out, I yelled at it and banged on the fence with the flashlight. Eventually, I figured out that I had to kill it and found a metal fence post. It never got where I could whack it, though. At some point, I got annoyed and used the fence post to scrape around under the coop. Eventually, the weasel scampered off. I stopped at Agway on the way home from skiing and picked up a bunch of hardware cloth and closed off the underside of the coop. So far, so good. Maybe the sight of a crazy woman in a bathrobe, with a flashlight and a metal bar will stick in its brain. The only thing that would have made it better was pink bunny slippers. ?

He’ll be back. They’ve got nothing better to do.
A few years back we had a skunk kill all 48 of our broilers on pasture. Went under an electric fence and tunneled under the chicken tractor. When confronted it just hissed at me and went back to its frenzied work. Went back to the house to fetch my 410 which sent him to the great chicken house in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back