The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used dirty tuna cans in the havaheart for weasels with no luck. There are very smart and avoid traps. They can go through holes the size of a quarter so it’s hard to keep things buttoned up. When I catch raccoons I take them on a ride across the Hudson where it’s a mile wide and say good luck you cute little bastard. A game camera may help to know your enemy. Ultimately I have found a Savage 22/410 over under is best for farm chores

I used dirty tuna cans in the havaheart for weasels with no luck. There are very smart and avoid traps. They can go through holes the size of a quarter so it’s hard to keep things buttoned up. When I catch raccoons I take them on a ride across the Hudson where it’s a mile wide and say good luck you cute little bastard. A game camera may help to know your enemy. Ultimately I have found a Savage 22/410 over under is best for farm chores
I have a Ruger. ;) The hardware cloth has 1/2 inch holes and is stapled to the ground with six-inch long crampons. I also covered the windows in the coop with the hardware cloth. There are two openings that are about six feet above ground that I still need to cover.

You got a farm bro?

I actually read that article and several others. Based on what I've read the odds of a second infection seem low for some period of time.

I'm not saying my fear, or the concerns of my family, are based in science. It's fear, by definition not always rational.

When I got out of quarantine I went on a mtb ride, and came to this one pinch point on my ride. My route goes over a dam, and there is no way to ditch into the woods or do any of the various tricks I've developed to avoid clueless, maskless, loud pedestrians. I came across the largest group I've ever seen on the dam - about 30. (Usually a large group might be 6.) It took several minutes for the group to dissipate. I'm tired of people looking at me funny when I'm not willing to weave through a gaunlet 18 inches wide that they graciously provide.

Yea I know it all sounds irrational. It's fear. If you go through it the way I did, and you have no fear, that's awesome. The first real snow in a while, on holiday weekend just didn't seem appealing to me. I'm thinking a weekday a Plattekill or some bc in the Siamese Wilderness might be my reentry.

Also I get tired, and feel that my usual driving insanity might best postponed for a while.

Skiing should be fun.
This from my friend on Facebook

"Yes! Owen tested positive in October and now again. "
Her young son got it twice

Ugh.

My wife told me tonight she was worried about me. Not so much that I'll get covid again, but that I'll get punched in the nose by someone I asked to put on a mask.

Moving on, maybe it's the new snow or maybe time heals. I am heading north early Friday am, hoping to find some snow. Both afraid and excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back