The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money tree's do not grow on ski slopes.
See, this is why my plan to run Big Tupper involves losing a million dollars or so every year until I die (hopefully there will be enough of the $400 million after taxes to do that, but if there isn’t, fuck it, I tried).

RA is definitely a hireable employee. Snoloco seems hireable as a consultant, but I don’t want him there all the time because I don’t want his pessimistic, childish attitude to rub off on my crew of hardy. roughneck (but good natured) locals & eager, optimistic teenagers (on school breaks).

See, this is why my plan to run Big Tupper involves losing a million dollars or so every year until I die (hopefully there will be enough of the $400 million after taxes to do that, but if there isn’t, fuck it, I tried).

RA is definitely a hireable employee. Snoloco seems hireable as a consultant, but I don’t want him there all the time because I don’t want his pessimistic, childish attitude to rub off on my crew of hardy. roughneck (but good natured) locals & eager, optimistic teenagers (on school breaks).
D394E84C-C89D-4BEE-AB20-4F3B862599A6.jpeg

Overdose deaths up 30% year over year according to NPR just now
It’s terrible. Most of us want some way to disassociate with reality right now. Even those of us who live in well off comfort. Drug and alcohol use is way up.

Fentanyl is in lots of street drugs these days.

P2P methamphetamine is a different animal.

Stick to legal, regulated weed and moderate alcohol consumption people.

It’s terrible. Most of us want some way to disassociate with reality right now. Even those of us who live in well off comfort. Drug and alcohol use is way up.

Fentanyl is in lots of street drugs these days.

P2P methamphetamine is a different animal.

Stick to legal, regulated weed and moderate alcohol consumption people.
What hope is there for young people really? I’m 46 and practically right there with them. I’m not kidding, I’m about tapped out on energy for giving a f anymore. The only thing that keeps me going at this point are my girls and trail building.

Take 1

Life these days sucks, there’s little opportunity out there, and the adversity that COVID has provided has beaten me down, affecting every aspect of my life.

Take 2

Things are tough these days but life is what you make if it, and I’ll do whatever it takes to secure whatever opportunities are out there, the adversity of COVID only strengthening my resolve to rise up and not let it rule my outlook on life.

I know, I know….all kinds of different people out there, all with varying circumstances, some with more/less ability than others to rise up. I get that.

However, no matter one’s circumstance, Take 1 and Take 2 are both options available to people, just gotta decide which attitude you are going to take and how hard you are going to work to push through and push ahead.

For younger people the outlook (still, as always) has to be establishing oneself through hard work and smart career moves. For us older folk the outlook is more on protecting what we’ve already worked hard for, for ourselves and for our kids. Both are good motivations for a Take 2 approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back