The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you staying, or still eyeing up the granite state?
The fight isn't over yet, but this is a step in the right direction. If you read the document, it says that the governor and health commissioner can't make rules like this without the approval of the state legislature. The state legislature has to this point rubber stamped everything this governor wants, which would put the mandate back into effect, and the state could also appeal this decision. I haven't made a decision on moving yet. In order to stay, I'd need to be fairly confident that rules like this are never coming back. Let's say there was no court decision and the mask mandate was allowed to expire on February 1. That would not be enough, because it would just be reinstated as soon as cases begin to rise again.

I think he could do a good job. I wonder what Sno’s ski area would look like. I’m half tempted to start a thread asking Sno to share his business plan.

@Harvey : came across this info about how effective different types of masks are thought to be. The link is the one from the bottom of the screenshot. Per usual, depends on what someone is trying to accomplish by masking. Helping to avoid possible community spread if infected but asymptomatic or trying to prevent getting infected are completely different reasons for masking.

January 14, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 11.42.34 PM.jpg

The fight isn't over yet, but this is a step in the right direction. If you read the document, it says that the governor and health commissioner can't make rules like this without the approval of the state legislature. The state legislature has to this point rubber stamped everything this governor wants, which would put the mandate back into effect, and the state could also appeal this decision. I haven't made a decision on moving yet. In order to stay, I'd need to be fairly confident that rules like this are never coming back. Let's say there was no court decision and the mask mandate was allowed to expire on February 1. That would not be enough, because it would just be reinstated as soon as cases begin to rise again.
I like what the gov of Virginia did. Enacted a mandate making masks optional.

I think he could do a good job. I wonder what Sno’s ski area would look like. I’m half tempted to start a thread asking Sno to share his business plan.
I’m sure he has a lot of good ideas
But implementing them is the key. It all boils down to leading your crew. How do you motivate people to do a shitty low paying job?
Anyone can say we will blow a ton of snow and put in the latest and greatest lifts.
How do you get the minimum wage food service worker to server fries with a smile or the lifty freezing his ass off to say good morning ??

Sounds like somebody ^^ speaks from experience.

Alls I’m saying is he better have all lifts open by Christmas! No excuses!
And his ski area is in the Florida panhandle?

I’m sure he has a lot of good ideas
But implementing them is the key. It all boils down to leading your crew. How do you motivate people to do a shitty low paying job?
Anyone can say we will blow a ton of snow and put in the latest and greatest lifts.
How do you get the minimum wage food service worker to server fries with a smile or the lifty freezing his ass off to say good morning ??
Yep
The lad needs to someday get a true dose of reality. Money tree's do not grow on ski slopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back