The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality
The text I just got from my wife is also reality:
Me, sissy (my SIL) and an LPN for 21 patients and 2 admissions in the wings. Healthcare is still struggling.
No it's just a conspiracy and they're lying. Alex Jones and those of similar ilk have told me so. I listen to AM radio political talk all day, so I know what I'm talking about! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Happened to come across this webpage about the development of the currently approved vaccines for COVID-19 looking for something else. In general the Nebraska Medicine website has good info that's easy to read. While there is lots of info on the CDC website, it can be hard to find and digest.

Read somewhere that Novavax hopes to submit the initial formal paperwork for approval to the FDA in January 2022. The clinical trials were completed in late 2021. The delay for submitting an application for review has been on the manufacturing side. In general, figuring out how to ramp up production has taken longer than expected. The approach taken by Novavax is more traditional than the mRNA approach (active research for multiple indications for over a decade).

OK Andy let it go.

Read somewhere that Novavax hopes to submit the initial formal paperwork for approval to the FDA in January 2022. The clinical trials were completed in late 2021. The delay for submitting an application for review has been on the manufacturing side. In general, figuring out how to ramp up production has taken longer than expected. The approach taken by Novavax is more traditional than the mRNA approach (active research for multiple indications for over a decade).

I read that Novavax is much much cheaper per dose, and may help the poorer countries get vaxed.

I read that Novavax is much much cheaper per dose, and may help the poorer countries get vaxed.
Yep, that's another reason that many countries were looking forward to Novavax getting their act together. The initial reports about the clinical trial results were back in June 2021. That was just before Delta made all the headlines.

Just looked . . . Novavax managed to file with the FDA in late December. Sounds like production will be done in India.

December 31, 2021

June 2021

Report from my son's NYC hospital yesterday , ER's and ICU's at capacity , busy as hell , vast majority unvaxxed , certain drugs becoming difficult to stock.

That said unlike March 2020 or even late 2020 there are no dead bodies in body bags in hallways, no patients bedded in hallways and no shortage of PPE or vents.

The situation is very serious , staff is xtremely busy , getting very frustrated dealing with recalcitrants who fail to take proven precautions .

Read an article last night by a team of doctors and nurses which indicated that under these brutal conditions EMPATHY ( from a profession known for empaths ) is waning

Yes and it's really devious. I click on your screenname...

and then click on your number of messages (2,230) and they all come up. Try it it's fun. ?

When you have 2000 posts it's not exactly easy to see trends. But when you have 39 posts, it's not hard.
At 2230 might have to start pacing myself.
Glad I found yer place.
Ya run a pretty nice ship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back