The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't follow it all, but I do appreciate it too.

Whew! These COVID threads are exhausting to read through.

Can't wait for the snow to fly!
yeah some snoozers there, reaction scoze:zzzzz… won’t be long till the white stuff is flying around

Last edited:
WTF? You're 55 and you're worried about the long term? I can tell you the long term. You're in the third quarter. If you get vaccinated, your health is gonna suck compared to what it was when you were in your 30s. If you don't get vaxxed, it's still gonna suck and maybe you end up in the ICU on a ventilator.

And why put vaccine in quotes? Is that some kind of extreme vaccine denialism by denying that vaccines are in fact vaccines? Does that make you think you are smarter than the average ignorant anti-vaxxer? Changing what you name something doesn't change its effectiveness, which so far these vaccines have proven to be the best thing we have.

mm
Well, my kids are grown adults so I can assure you that I won't send them to school with your granddaughter!

As to your other comments, I will go where I please as I always have. I say this with the utmost of respect (as we have never met) but your fear of a virus that affects a miniscule proportion of society is irrational. A society cannot function when the health of less than 1% of the population dictates the behavior of the remaining 99%.

Yes, I am in my third quarter as are many of us. I've already had Covid but if I get it again I'll take my chances as it is preferable to living in constant fear. I'll repeat my mantra - stay healthy, stay thin, eat well and supplement as needed.

vaccine is in quotes because this new vaccine does not prevent sickness. Simple as that. And no, I'm no smarter than the average ignorant anti-vaxxer. Despite my education (BS, MBA) I'm part of a stupid bunch of people who can't help themselves.

And no, I will not wear a face mask. You are delusional if you think they have any impact whatsoever.

I believe this is what Marz was refering to before when she was talking about denominators. When close to everybody is vaccinated a larger percentage of the cases will naturally be “breakthroughs”.
Just think about what you are saying here...

Want freedom? If it’s all good, would you go into this thing at the County Fair?
1630289456662.jpeg

There was a line. Sounds like you are in it from a distance. What’s your comfort zone?

Last edited:
Well, my kids are grown adults so I can assure you that I won't send them to school with your granddaughter!

As to your other comments, I will go where I please as I always have. I say this with the utmost of respect (as we have never met) but your fear of a virus that affects a miniscule proportion of society is irrational. A society cannot function when the health of less than 1% of the population dictates the behavior of the remaining 99%.

Yes, I am in my third quarter as are many of us. I've already had Covid but if I get it again I'll take my chances as it is preferable to living in constant fear. I'll repeat my mantra - stay healthy, stay thin, eat well and supplement as needed.

vaccine is in quotes because this new vaccine does not prevent sickness. Simple as that. And no, I'm no smarter than the average ignorant anti-vaxxer. Despite my education (BS, MBA) I'm part of a stupid bunch of people who can't help themselves.

And no, I will not wear a face mask. You are delusional if you think they have any impact whatsoever.

Respectfully, I feel you may be confusing being respectful with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back