The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowded runs and long lift lines were my #2 last season. If that doesn’t chill this year or next I won’t be skiing here for much longer. It was that bad imo, I’d rather quit skiing then deal with that. It ruins everything for me.
We dId have record crowds IasI season. There was one day that after 20 minutes I had moved less than 20 feet. I returned to the locker room. Vert for the day: 10 feet. I've never done that before.

I just feel like Whitefish is suddenly "in" and they will go back to Vail soon. I'm hoping we are going to have an absolutely brutal winter.

Lol not even remotely close.

Disagree
A civilized conversation can sway people if you don’t attack them.
Ha! You're right. I changed my mind.

That graphic from the NY Post Broski posted impacted me. And some of the stats from Marz and MC.

What has changed your mind? Anyone...

I know skiing was "popular" last year, but I didn't feel like I did much waiting in lines.

One day, Christmas week at Gore I did. The price of skiing with my over scheduled kid I guess.

Figured this goes here.
She has cabins and lives near Stowe so there’s that.

Figured this goes here.
She has cabins and lives near Stowe so there’s that.
Come on, dude. Seriously?

Attachments

• AAF1CFB6-9324-4E79-8789-C0FAEAA3AEB0.jpeg
    AAF1CFB6-9324-4E79-8789-C0FAEAA3AEB0.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 57
Am I really going to say this: I can't make those ^^ balls look brown. ?

That other lady on Twitter was fake news, this looks like a more credible source. Vax a condition of employment after 10/1:

The list of companies requiring employees to mask up while working is growing. At least in the southeast. My experience in Costco last week was that 30-50% of the customers and perhaps 50% of the employees were masked. It was a lot more crowded than I expected mid-afternoon on a weekday.

Latest list for requiring vaccinations. Of course, medical exemptions will be possible with proper documentation.

August 9, 2021

The U.S. military are moving towards requiring vaccination.

August 9, 2021

A private university in NC is quite serious about requiring student vaccination. Classes start around August 16 in NC. Took years to get used to that idea after moving from NYC in high school.

July 15, 2021

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back