The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I jumped at the chance to get the shots:

#1- I had 8 classmates and two childhood friends lose parents to it, along with my former boss's wife and my 1st steady boyfriend's wife. And that was all pre-Delta.
#2 - I want life to return to normal and dealing with masks skiing last winter pretty much ruined the skiing for me. When jerks weren't masking in the locker rooms and in the liftline right next to me or wanting to ride next to me the discussions put a damper on the whole day.
#3 - I really wanted to spend time with my daughter without worrying about weather, ventilation, what the heck friends she'd been hanging with and THEIR habits, etc. Fortunately, she wanted to see her parents, too, and got vaccinated within days of when I did. Plus I really wanted to hug her hard.

I had a friend who had polio as a child. The vaccine saved my childhood. 2 adults I knew got it as well.

I own probably $500 worth of masks at this point, for various kinds of activities, and have no issue wearing them. I also now own 2 very pricey pairs of ABOM goggles. So, I'm ready, but hoping that we get over this stuff by next winter.
The crowded runs and long lift lines were my #2 last season. If that doesn’t chill this year or next I won’t be skiing here for much longer. It was that bad imo, I’d rather quit skiing then deal with that. It ruins everything for me.

The crowded runs and long lift lines were my #2 last season. If that doesn’t chill this year or next I won’t be skiing here for much longer. It was that bad imo, I’d rather quit skiing then deal with that. It ruins everything for me.
Word
When I ski, I ski until it gets crowded. Here at GP, for me, crowded is having to wait in line for more than 3 groups. If I can't lap the place I'll head to the bar. I mean, it opens at 11 and someone has to help them take the barstools off the bar.

I just checked out AZ.

Seems like their "VT skier visits" thread is the equivalent of this thread, the place to get angry about the state of things.

I remained convinced:

You really can't change people's opinions by posting your opinion on the internet.

I just checked out AZ.

Seems like their "VT skier visits" thread is the equivalent of this thread, the place to get angry about the state of things.

I remained convinced:

You really can't change people's opinions by posting your opinion on the internet.
The points not to change their options its to fire them up and watch the act like buttholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back