The Horse Thread

That is a super lovely paddock! It's huge!

But, where are his/her buddies? Horses are herd animals and like to have friends around.

That is a super lovely paddock! It's huge!

But, where are his/her buddies? Horses are herd animals and like to have friends around.
From where I was it was hard to get them both in the same shot. Didn't want to get too close.
20220408_182101.jpg

20220408_190206.jpg

20220421_183748.jpg

Pony is right there's always 2 of them together
20220421_183914.jpg

Horses always form cliques and crews. It’s basically like high school

Wonderpony made it sound like it would be mean to put them out to pasture alone.

Not a fan of racing 3 year olds. They are basically teenagers. Their joints aren't closed. Lots of injuries that prevent them from continuing on, and then what? There are tons of thoroughbreds out there that need homes. Rehabbing an off the track thoroughbred (OTTB) is not for the faint of heart, from what I have heard. They need six or so months to decompress from life at the track. Their feet need to regroup because they are shod for racing. And, they are bred for running.

I have friends with OTTBs who adore them, however.

And, finally, I didn't watch the race, but a few friends said that the winner got pretty beat up for biting the outrider. I can't find anything on YouTube, but it probably got cut.

I’m hearing there was a biting incident at the end of the race. Anybody have video of that?

Back