The Horse Thread

I just watched the vid. I know nothing about this but man, that was a ton of traffic to get through, unbelieveable.

Rich Strike was only mentioned once before the final few yards.

I sure hope that whip doesn't hurt too much.

I just saw a picture of Rich Strike biting the outriders leg. I would go ballistic as well.

Still not a fan of racing 3 year olds.

On this side of the continent, they are paddocks. If the horses are just hanging in the paddocks, I wouldn't worry about them. And, since you were an admirable human, dismounted, made sure that the horses could see you, I wouldn't worry about that, either. Just remember that you are dealing with a prey animal. Say good morning and make noise before they see you. And bring treats. :) You will be their bestest friend ever.
My daughter rode at cornel and taught horse back at camp. She loved her horses. But boy o boy they hate me

When I was at Ole Miss there was a thoroughbred farm across the highway from the old brick house we rented from a lawyer on the square. We payed $0 rent for the first few months as the place needed some work to make it habitable.
Place had 65 acres, a go-cart track, garage full of garbage, a fireplace, fig trees and definitely needed some TLC.

The thoroughbred horses had much better living conditions than we did.
John Grisham bought the thoroughbred farm later on.
The place we lived is a subdivision now with a lake.

20220515_132558.jpg

We're working our way down to the OBX for vacation. We stayed at Wolf Trap Farms last night to break up the drive. Highly recommend this place. We're staying in the Milkers house. Doc approves, as do the rest of us. The Milkers house is right in the middle of a working horse farm.
PXL_20220709_111029106.jpg

PXL_20220709_105856722.jpg

PXL_20220708_233749441.jpg

I’m in Charlottesville as I type this

Back