The Horse Thread

View attachment 9364

I asked about getting inside of this building to check it out. It turns out that all the stables surround some kind of an indoor (dirt?) riding ring. Apparently on weekdays after school, you can check it out.

I also learned that that there are spots for about 30 horses and the stable isn't full.There are about 8 boarding horses and 10 "county" horses.
It won't be dirt. It will be some kind of special "footing" for horse. Some places have sand, some have a sand/rubber mix, some have oiled sand mixed with fiber.

If you thought skiers were picky about conditions, they are mild compared to horse people. o_O

20211011_175830.jpg

Dude, go ahead and buy a share in one of the horses there. You’re clearly fascinated by the equine world. You won’t regret it.

You’re clearly fascinated by the equine world. .
A pair of Amish work horses drug out Walnut logs today at the neighbors just over the corner of my yard.
The tree was rotten inside and needed to come down.
horses.jpg

Half of it is down in the above pic.
They dropped the other half cleanly after this eventhough it was leaning toward another nearby Walnut tree.
Ya can see the rope used pulling to the right and away.
Horse team pulled the logs out thru the back of my yard toward the truck at another neighbor’s.
Looks like they plowed it so I can put in a fall cover crop.
Gave em all some apples from my tree.
Horses knew dozens, if not more, commands.
I’d like to go to Amish school.

Last edited:
. . . work horses drug out Walnut logs today at the neighbors just over the corner of my yard.
There are a couple of farms in Essex County that have draft horses. Reber Farm breeds and trains them. Essex Farm has been using draft horses for a decade.

20220408_182126.jpg

Back