Tales from The Road

VW Touareg TDI. You are driving a lifted Civic. Hondas are fine vehicles, but maybe the CVR is not really designed for a powder hound like you who tavels long distances on snow covered roads.
A CRV is a very different vehicle than a Civic. I drive what you might call a "non-lifted Civic" with snows, and I chase storms. I have never had a lifted vehicle nor AWD. There are certainly better tools for the job... but I'd upgrade the tires before I'd upgrade the ride. My partner has a CRV with snows. I never ask to borrow it.

Lift and AWD are great to get you out of a driveway. But once you are on the open road at highway speeds... if you can't get there in a low to the ground FWD with snows, then you probably shouldn't be trying with a lifted AWD, either.

i drove from albany to gore and back friday morning in my crv. i think it is fine in the snow and whatever else that shit was on the road. my tires are not new. i look like a total dork driving a crv, but the car handles well.

Lift and AWD are great to get you out of a driveway. But once you are on the open road at highway speeds... if you can't get there in a low to the ground FWD with snows, then you probably shouldn't be trying with a lifted AWD, either.
If you're driving at highway speeds there ain't that much snow. I'll take full-size 4x4 every single day for driving in snow. Sure, most of the time your fwd w/snows will be fine, but when it's storming out and there's 3' tall drifts on your drive home you ain't gonna make it unless you have weight and power.
Look at Harv's story about his driveway. I know my truck would've been up that driveway with no issues.

Not exactly a "Tale from the Road" but certainly not a "Sweet Car" either, and not starting a new thread.

Got my 90k service on my Honda.

Original plugs replaced. It looks like a plug from 1980 with 1000 miles on it.

670945470.jpg

Did it even need to be replaced?

It's what Honda calls for, I can't say I really care. Just sort of curious.

What is the difference these days?

I'll spare Broski any discussion of mileage. :D

Back